GUESS WHAT I FOUND IN ATTIC?! JACKPOT! **PICS**

Okay just took these... - I ADORE the flying monkey fabric (upper left hand corner) think I'll make pillows out of it or something. There are already some cut out in strips and some cut out in the pattern for a Dresden Plate!
woot.gif

The lady that owned this house is 92 (still alive) and they all lived her (her, her husband, and his parents) and she started making quilts back in the 30's according to her son (who lives next door). She also made most of their clothing and her own
smile.png
- as well as his grandmother. These just look brand new and dont really smell at all other than a teeny tiny bit "dusty" smelling but it will wash out I'm sure.

What do ya'll think? Like I said, this filled up my 13 gallon trash bag, so its alot of fabric and its very heavy, much denser than today's fabric. I should add - I have MORE antique/vintage fabric I found earlier when we first moved in, but I cant remember where I put it - this was just a BONUS find!
wee.gif

12929_fabrics0000.jpg

12929_fabrics0001.jpg

12929_fabrics0002.jpg

12929_fabrics0003.jpg

12929_fabrics0004.jpg

12929_fabrics0005.jpg

12929_fabrics0006.jpg

12929_fabrics0007.jpg

12929_fabrics0008.jpg

Last edited:
What a find! Lucky you!
smile.png
I'd be looking in all the nooks and crannies in that attic, you might find where they stashed the silver coins!

wee.gif
....lucky you...someone would of thought I'd seen a ghost... I would have let out one big squaller when I found some fabric like that....my husbands hates it when I find good stuff
ep.gif
old.gif
I am always over joyed .

Quote:
I agree...I would make myself a large family quilt out of that fabric. Actually, i would ask the lady that owned the house befroe you just what she was planning to do with it.

Have fun with it....I wouldn't sell any of it.

Quote:
I agree...I would make myself a large family quilt out of that fabric. Actually, i would ask the lady that owned the house befroe you just what she was planning to do with it.

AGREE!!!! We've already seen how great you are at quilting, you should keep this and finish those circle pieces into a quilt!! Also alot of that old looking floral and smaller print fabric would make awesome appliqued chickens, lol!!! Check the BYCville swap thread and see some of the chickens we are making, that fabric would be sweeeeeet chickens!!! lol!!! Great find!!!
wink.png

Quote:

AGREE!!!! We've already seen how great you are at quilting, you should keep this and finish those circle pieces into a quilt!! Also alot of that old looking floral and smaller print fabric would make awesome appliqued chickens, lol!!! Check the BYCville swap thread and see some of the chickens we are making, that fabric would be sweeeeeet chickens!!! lol!!! Great find!!!
wink.png

Well - I went ahead and asked her yesterday when she stopped quilting and she said sometime in the mid 50's (she was in her 50's then) and that most of the fabric was 40's and earlier
big_smile.png
Some of it was from her MIL and some of it she collected herself. She did quilts for both her kids early on around the 30's/40's era during the war from what she recalls when things were rationed so much. She worked for Ford Motors until she was 86 and said she still made her clothes (pant suits and dresses) up until the mid 60's when she began having issues with her hands, but it wasnt very often she sewed after the 50's.

I'd love to do a Dresden plate quilt but OMG those things look terribly hard to accomplish
hmm.png
I will keep some myself for making a quilt, that way I'll have an actual antique quilt thats brand new! I also have other quilts from feedsack that need repair and I'll see if I cant match up some fabrics, but...I think most of these are pretty bright. Maybe I'll just see what others have to swap in the next Whatchugot Swap or something in lieu of fabric *hint hint* LOL

Back
Top Bottom