guess what i found in my chick cage this morning...

Quote:
x2

somad.gif
hugs.gif
somad.gif

although i'm a long time trapper/hunter i still (in the off season of course) relocate most critters. i caught 4 coons in 5 days all DIFFERENT and relocate them at least 7 miles away to some of my trapping areas... some even further. i just cant kill something that is only trying to survive. take it as a lesson.. fix the cage so it wont happen to the next racer who slips on in. not only will they eat the birds but the eggs as well. then you cant even hatch whats left of them! i hate snakes that get in the coops most of the time i do kill them however recently all the coons have gotten REALLY lucky by this trapper giving them a chance to raid someone elses birds. just not mine! i had a rat recently kill a bunch of birds. he got the treatment though.

Quote:
Really sorry to hear about your birds.
hugs.gif
But I applaud your choice relocating the snake. It's not like a coon or a fox who can and will travel the miles back to your place. Please set him somewhere less populated so he won't find someone else's coop.

Same thing happened to me two weeks ago. Four foot black snake in my quail cage with one in its belly. I took it out to my two American Guinea Hogs. THey took care of it. I considered it barnyard teamwork. The hogs were taking up for the little quail.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom