Guess what i just got🤭!!!!!

Pics
@RoostersAreAwesome I may not be an expert in silkies, but pretty sure leakage isn't supposed to show up on a bird like that, but rather tint it, giving it a "dirty, or painted on" appearance. This chick looks buff based to me
Screenshot_20230204_233148_Gallery.jpg

@RoostersAreAwesome I may not be an expert in silkies, but pretty sure leakage isn't supposed to show up on a bird like that, but rather tint it, giving it a "dirty, or painted on" appearance. This chick looks buff based to meView attachment 3395735
I’m not talking about that chick, I’m talking about the chick you were wondering about in your first post (the mostly black one):
98009235-4EFA-487E-95FD-2C029F4DE8B0.jpeg

I’m not talking about that chick, I’m talking about the chick you were wondering about in your first post (the mostly black one): View attachment 3395738

Well, because you referred to it as the non-partridge chick, i thought you meant the second one, since its not a partridge. Yeah that is most definitely black based

Well, because you referred to it as the non-partridge chick, i thought you meant the second one, since its not a partridge. Yeah that is most definitely black based
The second chick is partridge. Or at least what most silkie breeders consider to be partridge. It’s definitely not birchen.

The second chick is partridge. Or at least what most silkie breeders consider to be partridge. It’s definitely not birchen.

I stand corrected! For some weird reason I thought partridge was slightly different, broadly due to the variation this color can show. It still looks a little too bright for a partridge, but I guess the color will fade with age

Apparently if hold them gently by their neck bone and lift them of the ground and they stay limp they are a rooster,but if you do it and they kick your hand there a hen.I now this seems like a wives tale but so far it has worked.

I stand corrected! For some weird reason I thought partridge was slightly different, broadly due to the variation this color can show. It still looks a little too bright for a partridge, but I guess the color will fade with age
Partridge in silkies varies a lot. Keep in mind that most silkies aren’t bred true to color, mixed colors are super common in that breed. And partridge itself is also pretty variable.
And yes, that mostly black chick is most definitely, black based. It's possible the gold on it is leakage. Any thoughts on sex?
I’m not much good at sexing silkies, the best I can do is a wild guess

Partridge in silkies varies a lot. Keep in mind that most silkies aren’t bred true to color, mixed colors are super common in that breed. And partridge itself is also pretty variable.

I’m not much good at sexing silkies, the best I can do is a wild guess

Yeah, I remember someone on this forum saying, "if you hate yourself, breed partridge silkies" they do vary a lot, even in the show quality ones

Back
Top Bottom