guinea fowl egg laying

Our Guineas usually lay about 16 eggs before attempting to sit on them, and yup they like a private place. I've seen them lay up in a basket on a shelf but usually down on the ground in a corner or hidden area. Before we built a large chicken yard they used to lay in the middle of a 60 yr old Crepe Myrtle tree between all of the trunks. We had excellent results letting a chicken hatch guinea eggs, she made an amazing Mamma, keeping the keets with her for almost 3 months. Those guinea keets are now 2 years old and will still run directly to that Hen if they're upset about something. Our Guineas like to fly out of the chicken yard and roam around the pasture and yards but they always fly back into the chicken yard to eat or to go to bed in the hen house.

Michelle

thanks everyone. ill have to put a board up again the wall like that. i hope we get to hatch some keets. i love my guineas. we only had ours penned up for 4 days after we got them and they stayed. i love them things. i havent gotton on egg yet but im watching. : ]

Back
Top Bottom