GUINEA FOWL THREAD

I have 4 3 week ild keets being raised by a bantam hen in their own coop what age will I be able to take her out and put back with my other jens and lets the keets be on their own with no heat lamp

The keets should be feathered enough by 6 weeks old. Being spring, 6 weeks old should be good unless your weather is still really cold then, if it were me, I'd leave your hen with them another week. But 6 weeks should be plenty.

The keets should be feathered enough by 6 weeks old. Being spring, 6 weeks old should be good unless your weather is still really cold then, if it were me, I'd leave your hen with them another week. But 6 weeks should be plenty.
they seem to have most of their feathers and they are already half her size she can only put one halfway under her wing and the other just sit next to her iv never had keets before so wasnt sure the forecast is showing 60s at night for next week so im hopin the weather has finally made up its mind lol

they seem to have most of their feathers and they are already half her size she can only put one halfway under her wing and the other just sit next to her iv never had keets before so wasnt sure the forecast is showing 60s at night for next week so im hopin the weather has finally made up its mind lol
im im northwest Missouri

Well maybe at least to 5 weeks then. If it stays above 60s they should be ok without, but she will help if it does drop at all. That and I do think it may help with flock integration later if you plan on letting all poultry intermingle. Can the others see the keets and hen? Keeping them where they can see each other helps reduce issues later when you do mix them. I do love seeing various poultry out in the yard.

Well maybe at least to 5 weeks then. If it stays above 60s they should be ok without, but she will help if it does drop at all. That and I do think it may help with flock integration later if you plan on letting all poultry intermingle. Can the others see the keets and hen? Keeping them where they can see each other helps reduce issues later when you do mix them. I do love seeing various poultry out in the yard.
yes both coops and runs are side by side we plan on letting the guinea free range once big enough the hen will.be the only one going back with the others w have alot of mixed chickens we have bought from people here and there and none of them are tame they run from you at the sight except for 3 golden comets they do not leave ur side so we have them n the large coop and run we are saving thr smaller one for chicks and broody hens but going to build an outside shed next to the coops for the guinea and allow them to free range when they are old enough...hpw old would that be

We do have alot of wild turkey the roam all day and night in the pasture next to ours would that catch the guineas attention and make then wander off

Back
Top Bottom