Guinea fowl-Weak legs?

Bills vs Beaks

Duck Duck Goose
6 Years
Aug 31, 2016
NJ USA
My Coop
My Coop
anyone find their guineas have weak legs? The guineas are in the same coop as the chickens, same roost and floor and everything. But looking out the window today. one of the hens (yeah, course a hen) is limping. Havent actually looked at it closely yet. But last time we had a leg problem, a hen broke her leg (and it was broken, trust me). She had to be put down :(
Does anyone else notice guineas having leg issues?

anyone find their guineas have weak legs? The guineas are in the same coop as the chickens, same roost and floor and everything. But looking out the window today. one of the hens (yeah, course a hen) is limping. Havent actually looked at it closely yet. But last time we had a leg problem, a hen broke her leg (and it was broken, trust me). She had to be put down :(
Does anyone else notice guineas having leg issues?

Guineas actually have very delicate legs compared to chickens which is why you should never catch a guinea by grabbing it's legs or hold them by their legs like chickens.. It's best to catch guineas with nets for this is a much faster/easier and safer way to catch the bird.

Guineas actually have very delicate legs compared to chickens which is why you should never catch a guinea by grabbing it's legs or hold them by their legs like chickens.. It's best to catch guineas with nets for this is a much faster/easier and safer way to catch the bird.
ooooooh, really? like ducks then! interesting...I never knew
not sure on your location but my trouble out here (ND) is cold or frozen toes if they aren't getting on the roost right or snuggled in the straw.
Im in NJ. dont THINK its that, but Ill check again for frostbite, just on case ;)

Update: not frostbite. Everything looks normal on the foot. And it doesnt appear broken, at least not broken on the knee like the other guinea. Im hoping its a pulled muscle or even a tendon or something. Shes able to move, shes not running around, but she can limp a bit, as opposed to crawl like the last time. So Im a bit more hopeful for her :)

Back
Top Bottom