Guinea pigs!!

IMG_9767.jpeg

Right y'all I need some advice. So the piggies I've mentioned here, the pair of them come from a grossly abusive situation and were rescued by a person who though well meaning and very sweet, admittedly knows very little about them and their care.
They believe that one of them is pregnant and may birth soon due to babies supposedly kicking? There are bludges on both sides of her but not super huge.
These two piggies are currently being rehomed asap, so I have questions regarding what we can do. My partner is planning on adopting them, we both feel very strongly about giving them a home. I know about guinea pigs, I've had tons of experience with them, but never a pregnant/mama situation.

If she were to have babies, what is the soonest they can be moved? It feels worrying, I don't want to stress her out or jeopardise her bond with her little ones. Is there a way to do this safely? And how long after birth should she have to recover and adjust, before they're moved? Their wellbeing is my priority, and honestly I feel the sooner we're able to ensure a good diet and living space, the better

Back
Top Bottom