Guinea pigs!!

What veggie do you guys feed your Guinea pigs?
Edit: I just realized this thread hit 100 replies! :highfive:
My trio of boys, known as the 3 amigos were also called Honcho, Sancho, and Poncho. They sounded more like a choir than a mariachi band when singing praise for their veggies. :love

They used to enjoy parsley and cilantro.. but also fresh grass and dandelions (seasonally) in addition to the things you and others have mentioned. They loved strawberries. Grass and timothy hay along with Mazuri guinea pig diet were free choice while all other things were in moderation.

3Amigos.jpg

They lived to the ages between 5 & 7, passing from various mostly known causes.

Despite being careful regarding diet, and those also being relatively decent lifespans.. I never considered how my well water effected nutrients.. I don't presume bottled "spring" water to be any more guaranteed unless you have or read the water quality report. Distilled water *might* be a good choice for some folks. Bladder stones or urinary calculi are common problems for SOME piggies.
Started teaching Clover "Stand"
Lini on the other hand is to stubborn to do anything she is a literal rock when it comes to tricks.
Individual personalities is what makes everything special in my eyes/heart. Fear or lack of confidence.. resulting in "freeze" is not stubbornness.. Their animal instincts are still in tact.. it's survival. (a tip from someone with personal extreme alert anxiety experience)
Sometimes it just takes more patience.. other times it takes accepting them at their level. :)

“Individual personalities is what makes everything special in my eyes/heart. Fear or lack of confidence.. resulting in "freeze" is not stubbornness.. Their animal instincts are still in tact.. it's survival. (a tip from someone with personal extreme alert anxiety experience)
Sometimes it just takes more patience.. other times it takes accepting them at their level. :)
It isn’t her “Freezing” it’s more how do I put this… ignoring and moving on with her day.

Back
Top Bottom