Guinea talk.

Patty - I can just envision them crowding around you on your swing pecking at the holes in your crocks. They are so entertaining and endearing. I heard about the millet too and tried that, but they didn't seem to be overly interested. The meal worms cause a feeding frenzy! They go nuts over it. Good stuff for training. Good luck with getting them back in on their own. Maybe the meal worms will help.

Patty - I can just envision them crowding around you on your swing pecking at the holes in your crocks.They are so entertaining and endearing.  I heard about the millet too and tried that, but they didn't seem to be overly interested.  The meal worms cause a feeding frenzy!  They go nuts over it.  Good stuff for training.  Good luck with getting them back in on their own.  Maybe the meal worms will help.

I am so happy u could join my thread glen I am also new at having Guineas. That's a great idea with the meal worms. If u have any questions please ask I am sure one of us can answer.
Patty- I am happy u are doing good. I would have enjoyed having my Guinea do that.
Please u guys can call me Clay. That's my first name.

These 2 guineas are something else. My husband went out to let them out of their cage in the chicken coop this morning and they followed him in the yard. Then they stood at the storm door wanting inside the house when he come in. Right now they are perching on a chair in the livingroom happy as a lark just a cheeping. They seek out human companionship. When I'm in the yard or my husband they are right beside you following you around or if you sit there they are trying to get as close as possible to you. Spiderman the male I think likes to have his neck and waddles rubbed he closes his eyes and almost goes to sleep. Mary Jane is more reserved and if you touch her waddles she will give you a gentle peck to let you know that is a no no. They've got huge eye lashes that I can't believe. I would give anything to have eyelashes like that.
big_smile.png
They have went back outside now they just like to come in and visit awhile. So far my experience with guineas is very positive I love the little birds.

Hi Clay, thanks for your comments. It will be good to have a sounding board and work through some of the new things together. I use Glenn Lee as my sign on, my real name is Rhonda and feel free to use it. When we were working on our building plans, we wanted to have something to call the place rather than "the property" so we put together my husband's middle name (Glenn) and my middle name (Lee) and it sort of worked - plus, the property itself has a glen (small narrow valley) and a lee (sheltered area). Just so you know, I'll try to post as often as I can, but probably won't be able to do that on a daily basis - so don't worry if I'm MIA at times.

Thanks glad you enjoy them. Sorry about the door glass I should have cleaned it. We've got 2 big dogs that scratch at the door to get in.

Thanks glad you enjoy them.  Sorry about the door glass I should have cleaned it.  We've got 2 big dogs that scratch at the door to get in.  

i don't mind patty it's nice to see that they imprinted on u two. I am getting my other Guinea tomorrow. I am excited. Madison I'd also excited.

Rhonda- do u have names for your Guineas????

Clay please take some pics of your new guinea so we can see it. Where are you getting it from? I hope Madison likes her new friend.

Back
Top Bottom