Guineas and bees

Edw@rd

Chirping
May 22, 2018
I’m getting back into beekeeping and remembered that I now have Guineas. Does anyone have this scenario? Will the guineas go after the hive if it’s new? Thanks,
Ed

I'm hoping to have that scenario this year. I've got guineas in the incubator right now :)

I’m getting back into beekeeping and remembered that I now have Guineas. Does anyone have this scenario? Will the guineas go after the hive if it’s new? Thanks,
Ed
I personally know of a person who had bees and guineas and it did not work out well for the bees. His guineas would sit at the front of his hives and pick off the bees as they left the hive.

I have guineas and bees and do not have a problem with them but my guineas have their own pen and do not normally have access to the hives so have not connected the hives to being a food source. My other poultry have access to the bee hives but other than the Royal Palm turkey hens who feel the need to perch on the hives the rest of the poultry leave the bees alone.

If nothing else build a fence around the hives so that the bees have a chance to fly away from and back to the hives without the guineas having direct access to them.

Back
Top Bottom