Guineas are very Vocal.....

Valley quail breeder

Songster
10 Years
Jan 13, 2010
Greensboro, NC
First time raising guineas there are great!!! ....
lol.png
Here's a video of some I hatched out this year...

Aren't they tho!!!

Mine have seen fit to wander over by my bedroom window in the mornings, and be my alarm clock!!!
barnie.gif
gig.gif
They see the goats wandering, and it sets them off, and they go to HOLLERINNNNNNNNNNNNN like holy terrors
th.gif
gig.gif

Their personalities and oddities make up for it though
love.gif

I would give anythin to hear that nice double tone female sound!!! I traded two, thinking I had one more.... nope! Seems all I got now are boys
barnie.gif

Mine went to the neighbors, they have two small dogs in a pen at their back door. My guineas got up in a wild cherry tree next to the old couples back door and screamed bloody murder at their dogs. I was ashamed to show my face. That was when I locked them into the pen. I hope to turn them out in the spring and maybe they will chase bugs down in the pasture. If not I may have to sell them. I have 14 and when they start screaming they are louder than a pentecostal revival.

So are Guineas noisier than turkeys? Mine chirp and yelp and bark and always want love and attention. The boy gobbles, but I think the females are much noisier than he is.

Yeppers ,they is some loud mouths and ya don't get a day off from guinea sounds
lau.gif

Dh and i have gotten real good at lip reading outside
lol.png

I have never had turkeys so i don't know if they are louder or not.
DSC00123.jpg

I only have three guineas myself, but you'd think the circus is in town or something with all the noise they make!
lau.gif
Those birds crack me up, though. They're such bizarre creatures! I love mine and think they're entertaining as can be, but I'm not getting any more once my three pass away someday.

Mine went to the neighbors, they have two small dogs in a pen at their back door. My guineas got up in a wild cherry tree next to the old couples back door and screamed bloody murder at their dogs. I was ashamed to show my face. That was when I locked them into the pen. I hope to turn them out in the spring and maybe they will chase bugs down in the pasture. If not I may have to sell them. I have 14 and when they start screaming they are louder than a pentecostal revival.

seriously? will they not stay in your area and free range within your perimeters? for example, my chickens stay very close to our coop and barn..they have never ventured to our neighbors.... if guineas like to "visit" then i am not sure I want to get some....​

Back
Top Bottom