Guineas going lame

EdringtonFarms

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 9, 2013
I bought several guinea from rural king about six months ago. After 3 months one guinea starting avoiding walking and would only flap around. after a couple of weeks I decided to cull her to avoid spreading what ever it is. About a three weeks (two months after the first episode) a now five month old and nearly full size guinea starting having the same issue. I inspected the feet and saw no issue or injuries. The animal was also large enough that it couldn't move around by flapping. in fact it could not get into the coop at night and sat basically in the same spot for a week, no food or water. I gave it two weeks and culled again. Now a third one started limping. The guinea are "kept" in a electric fence with chickens and two older guinea females. Daily they fly over the fence and have a feast on the farm. The guineas tend to rule the roost and are not picked on by the chickens. No other fowl have any issues. A batch of chicks hatched about a month ago. I am thinking this could be some for of guinea specific disease. Should i just antibotic up the common water supply.

Back
Top Bottom