Gun ban!

I have been getting spammed about the UN gun ban for weeks. It is the most confusing legislature I have ever seen. Somehow they feel regulating international business about the amount of guns you can sell to another country keeps the black market down.

OH man. My elderly father as going on about this. I looked it up and then asked him where he heard about it. He said on the news.

After a few more questions i realized he was listening to a political pundant on the radio. I am trying to show him that political pundants are not trustworthy sources. Even if they claim to be the news, their goal is to make their side look good.

In today's time, the only way to really know the truth is to cross reference anything yo hear from multiple sources, and if at all possible, with the original source. This is something that is increasingly difficult for people like my father who have a hard time with the fast and changing pace of technology and how information is transmitted.

My father is no idiot or doddering old fool. He just fell into the trap many people do. Who ever rants and skews and lies the loudest, and is the most extreme, gets the most media attention. What is even worse is we now have laxer laws in the US about media honesty, so anyone can say they are the news, then skew what they say or out right lie to prove a point.

We as humans are also prone to seeking out information that aligns with our personal opinions. Which means we tend to shut out, forget, or belittle any information that is different from our own beliefs. There is a name for the phenomenon, I have forgotten what it is though.

It has made me very cautious about believing anything I read or see, no matter what my opinion is. That in itself has lead to problems for me, but that is a whole 'nother story.

Last edited:
If it comes in a chain email, I discount it. If the email says "Forward this to all your friends!" it's a total fraud. Always, always, always.

The Arms Trade Treaty got shot down, if I recall correctly. Personally, I'm not too concerned about any possible gun bans in the near future - that said, I could definitely see an attempt to ban "scary" stuff or imported ammunition. I keep seeing incessant hollering from the Brady Center about banning "30 round clips" and "silencers that allow an assassin to shoot without making noise." Of course, they have no freaking idea what they're talking about, but still.

Of course, they have no freaking idea what they're talking about, but still.
Never stopped anyone else from pushing a stupid law.

Like 1 30 round clip is so much more deadly than 3 10 round clips...

I do need a silencers for my AR15. I would shoot more if I didn't have to worry about bugging the neighbors so much. We have a silencers manufacturer up here on the mountain but its out if my price range even before the tax stamp...

I have 3 25 round clips( taped together) for it by the way... I am sure people like me give the Brady bunch nightmares.

Back
Top Bottom