Gun control and the second amendment....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read through a few more pages and I noticed that he seems to have carefully chosen which years to report in some cases. For example the page is copyright 2011, but he reports crime stats in the UK from 2002. I seems that he chose the most violent time period to report, as later information show that violence is decreasing. http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2011/jul/14/crime-statistics-england-wales The ups and downs of the chart would suggest that crime rate is not directly related to gun ownership.

Makes you wonder what other stats he carefully manipulated in his 'comprehensive' report.

None of this is news. Doesn't include any comparisons to states where weapons aren't allowed - because there aren't any. Most comparisons to countries that disallow casual carrying of firearms show that murder is lower in those countries.

Doesn't change the reality that there are bad people who also have gun permits. How about we just accept that, and work on keeping the guns away from the bad people? I don't understand why that idea is so offensive to you.

You realize we already have background checks, right? And I explicitly stated on another thread that I agreed with prohibiting violent felons from buying firearms. What, precisely, do you want?

Y'all keep fussing about banning whilst the anti-violence people are talking about control. Alcohol IS controlled. Undoubtedly keeping alcohol out of the hands of the majority of teenagers has reduced alcohol related deaths.

WA does not permit some alcohols to be sold in state. All alcohol is sold by licensed dealers who can choose not to sell it to any individual. WA does not permit drinking in public places, nor driving with alcohol in reach of the driver, or any other number of laws designed to permit consumption while minimizing the detrimental affects of alcohol on people that are choosing not to drink it (at that point in time). Alcohol IS controlled.

As is the sale & ownership of guns.

Really? A shotgun would be safer than a .223? Lets run with that. Lets assume at the school he chose the shotgun. And he chose the same size lead. A .223 hunk of lead is about the diameter of number 4 shot. 21 peaces of lead fit in an average 1 oz 12 gauge #4 shot shell. That means for every time he pulls the trigger he is throwing 21 time the ammo. A pump holds 8. 21 X 8 = 168. So by banning the "assault rifle" he would have had to use the pump shotgun that he did have. He was throwing 30 peaces of lead in about 15 seconds before reloading. Now he is throwing 168 peaces of lead in about those same 15 seconds before reloading.

As for the AR verses a bolt gun. You have just traded a tiny bit of speed for a tiny bit of accuracy. Bolt guns reload as fast as the AR but rate of fire is slightly slower. You have went from 4 aimed shots in 2 seconds to 3 aimed shots in 2 seconds. With a bolt gun you are talking about a plate sized group at something like 500 yards. Something an AR or AK may do at around 300 yards?

Fact is that a AR is a bad choice for inside shooting already. But it didn't really matter if he had an AR or a Luiville slugger. His target was a trapped soft target an he had 20 minutes between the first 911 call an the first cop on scene. Nothing short of a gun in a desk somewhere would have saved those in that school no matter what gun ban...

Also remember the term "going postal"? There is a reason we call it that. We did not stop those post office shootings by banning guns, we stopped them by fixing the broken system.
THANK YOU!

My husband and I were discussing this very thing earlier today!

Acer Aspire One, laptop (port orchard)

Date: 2012-12-17, 4:51PM PST

CAN ONLY MEET LOCALLY UNLESS ITS WORTH MY WHILE TO DRIVE

ACER Aspire ONE NetBook
160 GB HDD
2 GB RAM
Metallic Blue
Camrea
Web cam

Retails for : $324.00

Here's a link : http://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-8.9-160GB-AOA150-1147/10575202#Specifications

just got this in a trade but i have a nice desk top so i don't really need this, everything runs fast and smooth, interested in all kinds of trades if you dont have somthing worth that ill take multiple lower price items in trade but mainly looking to trade for 2oz AAA+ MMJ, or 3oz if its not AAA+ quality i dont really want crappy mmj but open to all offers even if its real low quality i will just want more

interested in:
ps3 ,xbox,360,bang toys pistol,sidearm,32 inch or bigger flat screen asault rifle,other laptops anything if its not with what i have ill take multable items or you can add cash just let me know

Email.........leave contact number
Call. .........if you don't leave a number and what your offer is I will NOT call you back.
TXT.......expect imediate response

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
All those are from Craig's list. How many do you suppose have gone through any background check, or were even taught to use a gun?

Quote: (had to add the frydaddy ...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom