Gun enthusiasts anything from Hunting to target shooters.

Pics
Soooo I'm getting the milsurp bug again lol, to go along with my modern 19th century replica bugs. It always fascinates me how so many rounds in the 7-8mm range from the early 20th century still pack awesome power with efficient ballistics. Been tempted to bring one of my 91/30s or even my MAS 36 in past seasons, maybe the time is near finally lol.

I agree with Sealer39. A bolt action is more versatile as far as types of ammo that you can use. Most semi autos won't cycle shorts or longs. However. I rarely shoot anything but long rifle ammo.
Any bolt action would be a great choice.
Also semi auto rimfires jam fairly easily, unlike a good bolt action rimfire.

Technically, the part of the gun that holds the ammo, removable or not, is called a magazine. But I call 'em clips. I read magazine's. Lol.

Soooo I'm getting the milsurp bug again lol, to go along with my modern 19th century replica bugs. It always fascinates me how so many rounds in the 7-8mm range from the early 20th century still pack awesome power with efficient ballistics. Been tempted to bring one of my 91/30s or even my MAS 36 in past seasons, maybe the time is near finally lol.
i love collecting milsurps. and old fashion muzzleloader's

right now i have an sks and a polish flare gun from the 50s

plus a hawken rifle (percussion) and a Kentucky long rifle (flintlock)

i love collecting milsurps. and old fashion muzzleloader's

right now i have an sks and a polish flare gun from the 50s

plus a hawken rifle (percussion) and a Kentucky long rifle (flintlock)
I have 3 M91/30s, one M48bo, one SMLE no.1 mk.3*, a MAS 36, one 1895 Nagant revolver, and for older lead slinging a beautiful Uberti 1858 New Army cartridge conversion in .45 Colt. That's just the older style goods lol. But the history of them is incredibly fascinating, each mark tells a story. I haven't gotten into flintlocks or percussion pistols yet, but this year may finally be the year. I've been eyeballing Uberti's Colt Walker revolver and Charleville muskets.

Currently have two Swiss K31, one walnut and one birch stock. A Hungarian M95 stutzen. Sold all my Mausers.
Funny, both are types I have seen off and on over the past decade but never pulled the trigger on and got one. Why? I still haven't answered that one. Those K31s are fantastic, and all seem to be in excellent shape. I have not come across Hungarian M95s, only Austrian but I would still love a carbine or two. Is yours 8x50R or rebored 8x56R?

Back
Top Bottom