Gun enthusiasts anything from Hunting to target shooters.

Pics
Funny, both are types I have seen off and on over the past decade but never pulled the trigger on and got one. Why? I still haven't answered that one. Those K31s are fantastic, and all seem to be in excellent shape. I have not come across Hungarian M95s, only Austrian but I would still love a carbine or two. Is yours 8x50R or rebored 8x56R?
It’s 8x56r and it’s loaded with a clip.:)
The craftsmanship on K31s is amazing. The Swiss sure knew how to make a rifle.

It’s 8x56r and it’s loaded with a clip.:)
The craftsmanship on K31s is amazing. The Swiss sure knew how to make a rifle.
Indeed it is clip fed! And the Swiss certainly knew how to make as well as store and maintain a rifle, which helps greatly. Plus, sitting out both world wars helped preserve numbers too lol.

I have 3 M91/30s, one M48bo, one SMLE no.1 mk.3*, a MAS 36, one 1895 Nagant revolver, and for older lead slinging a beautiful Uberti 1858 New Army cartridge conversion in .45 Colt. That's just the older style goods lol. But the history of them is incredibly fascinating, each mark tells a story. I haven't gotten into flintlocks or percussion pistols yet, but this year may finally be the year. I've been eyeballing Uberti's Colt Walker revolver and Charleville muskets.
that is what got me really into wanting to collect them, unlike an old hunting gun (unless its family owned or something like that) it does not have the same history as a rifle from the war. the battles those rifles went through. and the losses and victory's they faced, the soldiers and there story's.

hoping to go down to my grandparents farm tomorrow and do some hunting for jack rabbits.

also planning to do some daytime coon calling, maybe if am lucky get a few of them to help the upland game birds out.

used to be tons but only the odd ones around (am told) last winter i saw about a flock of 50 sharp tail grouse. (tried my best at counting them) but hoping next year season is better as the local farmer down there (who rents the land) said a trapper got about 30 coyotes just north of the place.

we don't get turkey hunting where i live (no season)

interesting though that we now can hunt two bears a year here. i plan to only shoot one though this spring. maybe get the second one in the fall when we go elk hunting.

Back
Top Bottom