H&BB I would like your opinion

SGM

Songster
11 Years
Aug 18, 2008
Easley, SC
I ordered a Hovabator Genesis and egg turner from Home and Barn Basics in late August last year. Got it, worked great, then the fan went out and the heating element melted the frame it was on. Reported the problem to H&BB on 4-14-09 and they asked me to mail it back (I have all correspondence still) and they would refund me shipping. Did so.

Sent it back on 4-18-09.

Heard nothing by 5-10-09 so I emailed them to ask about the progress.

Got a reply on 5-12-09 that said they had forwarded it to GQF and that it was anticipated to be out to me the beginning of the next week.

Have emailed a few more times since but have not gotten an answer and have called with no answer.

Called GQF yesterday, they have no record of one being returned from them or in my name so they haven't sent or have any intention of sending one out to me.

What would you do? I'm out almost $150 with the shipping and the incubator at this point and I don't plan to settle for that.

This sort of thing is so frustrating.

I just don't know. I wonder if your credit card carrier could get your money back? Contact them.

I ordered some eggs from someone here on BYC, and that was only $15, and they have not sent them, and I am upset about that.
sad.png

I don't know how I would deal with $150.

I got stung for $11. from HBB (long story).

They have been removed as a sponsor from BYC until their issues are resolved because others have had problems.

Catherine

Aww Ashley
I really really think you just need to call and bug them until you get it back. I wish you luck in getting back what you deserve!
Tiff

I paid through paypal. I sold several goats back then and most people either paid for the goat that way or sent deposits that way. So I used my paypal account to pay for the incubators. So I have already seen about the resolution center and disputing it. I think its too long though? I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom