Had sick chicks dumped at my door, pics included, have some questions

Yes they are!
duc.gif
But YOU are doing a wonderful thing!
highfive.gif
I'll be watching this thread to see how things go!
pop.gif
(enjoying the smileys tonight!)

Ok, as of this morning they are all alive and hopping around and stretching out their legs after sleeping under the heat lamp for the first time since being purchased. Legs and feet still look good, no discoloration. One was just sitting there and I was hoping it wasn't getting lethargic so I put my finger up to it like I was going to poke it and it jumped right up and went over to the food. During the night they downed almost all of the grit I had sprinkled on their food last night. So I put some more in. I think their crops are a smidgen smaller than they were last night, but we've still got a ways to go. One of them was so swollen that the swelling even wrapped all the way around it's shoulder area to it's back. But, like I said, all 3 look a smidge better in that department this morning. I'm amazed at how active they all are after what they went through. I don't think we're out of the woods yet, but at least we're on the path. I'm going to go to town to get a syringe to get more olive oil in them. I'll update as the day goes on.

thumbsup.gif
Glad to hear a good update. I read this yesterday and was hoping for the best for them. I wish I had some useful advice for you, but it sounds like you're doing good!

This story pulls at my heart strings like crazy! People just don't get it do they? It reminds me of when people get puppies or kittens and after they are out of the "cute stage" they dump them off at a humane society. I am rooting for you and those baby chicks all the way! Keep us updated and post pictures of their progression
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom