Had sick chicks dumped at my door, pics included, have some questions

I was nervous to check in on this thread after reading it last night..So Sad.....Glad I did!
woot.gif

Their crops are still swollen but they are getting more soft and mushy now. They were so swollen they were hard. Their poor skin was stretched tight and red and hot. It's slowly calming down. They are all acting like normal little chicks right now. Let's hope it keeps up. I'm not going to call this one good until I see those crops down at their normal size.

I don't know what it is about me and abused/mishandled chickens. I think I've inadvertently made a name for myself in this area that I am the go to person if you have a sick chicken you don't want. Oh well, I'm ok with that. That little critter over there in my avatar? We didn't even know what kind of chicken that was. She had been starved and was the very last one left of a flock that had all died. She got dropped at my door 2 years ago. She is now a lovely and sweet as sugar RIR who lays huge eggs for me all the time. She's a sweety. :)

smile.png
I am glad to hear the chicks are on the mend. I have never been able to understand how people can be so cruel as to neglect or harm or worse poor little defenseless creatures. Those chicks did nothing to deserve such a horrible welcome to the world! Okay I'm getting off my soapbox! I am so glad they ended up in the right hands and I will be praying they have a full recovery. Keep us posted!

Words can't even express at how mad that makes me. Before I ever get an animal, I read up on them, ask questions and sit on it just to make sure it's the right choice for me and my family. I'm glad they have someone now that cares about them so much! Many prayers for the little ones.

All's well still. Their crops are slowly but continuously going down in size. When I first got them they were swollen so badly they were hard and their skin was stretched tight and red. Now their crops are still swollen, but soft and mushy - and much smaller than before. They are very active. They got to go outside for the first time this morning. While I cleaned out the container they are in my son held the three of them in the front of his t-shirt held up like a little hammock and walked around in the sun with them. They all three fell asleep. I still don't want to call this one because anything can happen to them at this age but at this point, I think it's safe to say they are out of ICU, lol!

Back
Top Bottom