Had to put a LOCK on my chicken coop

Quote:
In good old Massachusetts where I live, this sign would be considered a threat and against our gun laws (brandishing) and I would be promptly arrested, lose my right to carry and probably have to get some psychiatric counseling... which probably wouldn't hurt come to think of it.
smile.png

May I add into the conversation a PAINTBALL GUN? It puts a hurting on them, without killing them. Works great on all the kitties that the neighbors claim don't go in my yard. When fluffy comes home with paint on his butt, they have to think.... Don't know all the laws everywhere, but it seems to do fine by me. I haven't bagged the children YET, but they were in my yard having a chicken-kicking contest. When I confronted their father, he said "it's just the nature of the beast". Yes, I think your kids ARE beasts!!!

My "No Trespassing" sign doesn't even say no trespassing it says "We Don't Dial 911". Break into my house and you have a small armoury to deal with. The wife and I even have a talked out plan in the event of a break in.....it doesn't include calling 911. Lucky for us though, our BAD neighbors finally moved out. Maybe it has something to do with the visits from Police, Fire, Dept Natural Resources, and Dept of Evironmental Quality. I didn't mess around with those yahoos and went all out after them when they started their crap with me.

Quote:
In good old Massachusetts where I live, this sign would be considered a threat and against our gun laws (brandishing) and I would be promptly arrested, lose my right to carry and probably have to get some psychiatric counseling... which probably wouldn't hurt come to think of it.
smile.png

x2.

In NH I'd have the same exact result...infact I've read an actual case of this happening (in another state), and they are trying the guy for premediated murder becaues he clearly stated on his sign, he planned to shoot to kill (same exact sign as stated above)...and well, eventually he had a trespasser that he shot and killed. . .

Personally I'd like to have those signs all over my property...
smile.png
I just know I can't get away with it!

-Jessa

what a sad, sad world we live in! NH and MA - it's too bad that you can't even post a sign on your property without being in trouble with law enforcement, but criminals can get away with murder!

as for the dogs/kids issue, I would call the sheriff, state DEA, & CPS. If local cops can't be trusted to act, then go up the chain. Tell them that you are scared for your own children's welfare and private property. If nothing is done to these children now to correct the problem, they will more than likely become juvenile delinquents with more serious crimes later.

as far as the gun advice, I would NEVER advise someone to shoot into the air! The bullet that goes up must come down and you never know where it will hit! It's a law of physics! If someone must "shoot to frighten or warn", then fire into the ground. I'm so glad I live in Montana - where gun ownership is a fact of life! A nation without the right to bear arms is a nation like the U.K. - with riots and innocent people being hurt.

Okay - off my soapbox.

I'll pray for your situation.

I got on eBay a small sticker for my back door - which leads into the garage:
"Breaking into my garage and messing with my car may get you an a$$ whoopin' you'll never forget!"
(without the dollar signs, I'm not real sure of BYC standards of swearin')

There is also an illustration of one stick figure whalin' away on another.

We had tweekers move in next door. That was the end of peace and quiet in our very nice older neighborhood.
They are gone now (couldn't pay the water bill) but the sticker remains.

OP - It seems that you have a somewhat good relationship with the kids, so have you considered just telling them not to take your eggs? Explain to them that if they want eggs for eating, you will give them some, but that you don't want your eggs broken or stolen because you use them for food (or hatching). Doesn't mean I wouldn't still put a lock on the chicken coop, but I would still say something (firmly, but nicely) to the kids. They aren't getting guidance at home, but you can set ground rules for how they are expected to act around your house.

I would be really careful where I put electric fencing, since you know that there are kids who could come in contact with it. One poster suggested shooting the kids with paintballs. Really? I'm pretty sure someone would call CPS or the cops on you for that.

I would probably keep a log of everything for awhile (drug activities, kids lack of supervision, etc.) and present it to the proper authorities - not that it will do any good. I remember a suggestion on the other thread regarding a trail cam aimed at the other house to record activity. Not a bad idea.

You might check with your insurance provider on the security system. We found a local security system that charges 1/2 what ADT charges for monitoring, and the discount on our homeowners is almost enough to cover the cost of monitoring. Good Luck!

I agree with everyone about the threatening signs(not a good idea) and guns-if you are going to wield a gun-wield it responsibly. You will find the people who have permits to carry you usually would never know it-it isn't bragging rights but it IS there if you need it. I DO AGREE with keeping a log-I did that when I lived at the beach in a nice neighborhood but across from a park that had basketball courts across the street-need I say more-it was used for drug trafficking and young girl trafficking-I wrote down everything=liscense plate numbers and descriptions of people-they had a young girl disappear for 2 days and I had the plate number of the car that took her. She was found later all doped up wandering the strip by the beach. A log is a great thing to keep and can contain info the police can use. Keep that coop locked up and hope that while being nice to those kids their parents aren't using them to scope out your house. You are in a terrible situation and people that have much drug traffic going on can be very scary. Be careful....

Back
Top Bottom