Thank you all for the warm Welcome! I did not realize that each state was represented in BYC. I'm looking forward to meeting chicken lovers in the Eugene, Oregon area because I'm looking to move to start my Farm.

Due to physical limitations from nearly life-long rheumatoid arthritis, as much as I would love to live on a farm far, far out in the country, I am going to need to live outside a good sized city.

I've not 100% decided on the outskirts of Eugene, but I'm most certain about the state of Oregon.

Bonjour and welcome back from France!
full

I understand the displeasure in not keeping chickens as i am moving next week to an apartment and my flock will no longer exist as of tomorrow :(
Awwwww so sorry to hear that - it is a permanent apartment move?

... I understand the displeasure in not keeping chickens as I am moving next week to an apartment and my flock will no longer exist as of tomorrow. :(

Have you rehomed your flock? That is always the saddest moment, when they leave. You will miss them so much. But will you get Updated on them? Nothing soothes the heartache more than being able to hear about their new home, care, and exploits over the transition.

I feel your pain, and remember it quite well. The first few weeks are always the hardest when missing your flock.

Would you be able to visit them?W

For the first decade, I still lived in the same town and not only got Updates, but visited them to ease the loss when I was particularly sad. Even as a teenager and changing my interests, I still missed my little flock.

Bonjour and welcome back from France!
full

Awwwww so sorry to hear that - it is a permanent apartment move?

Have you rehomed your flock? That is always the saddest moment, when they leave. You will miss them so much. But will you get Updated on them? Nothing soothes the heartache more than being able to hear about their new home, care, and exploits over the transition.

I feel your pain, and remember it quite well. The first few weeks are always the hardest when missing your flock.

Would you be able to visit them?W

For the first decade, I still lived in the same town and not only got Updates, but visited them to ease the loss when I was particularly sad. Even as a teenager and changing my interests, I still missed my little flock.

My flock were not pets, but the pullets were re-homed and the cocks dressed and sold. I’ll still miss going out to feed them etc, but thats life :)

Back
Top Bottom