haha prank phone calls

I used to have a chinese restaurant a short walk from my house. It was called House of Wu. We knew the owners, and we loved the place. Once in awhile we would call up, and the conversation went something like this...

Hello, House of Wu.....

House of who?

Hello, House of Wu...

House of who?

House of Wu...

House of who?

WU...House of WU

Who??

No WU. House of WU.

Giggles...

Click.

Bluemoon

He had equally good answering machine messages....

"Hello, this is the fridge, the answering machine is depressed because no one leave thier names, it thinks people don't want to talk to it anymore. If you leave your name slowly I'll write it on a note and stick it on myself with one of these black circle thingies"

"Hello this is the toaster, both the answering machine and the fridge are depressed now, talk clear and i'll pop your message up on his breakfast"

"hi this is the dishwasher.....

He'd swap it every few days/calls... now that I think about it half the time when he'd pick up I was bummed it wasn't the machine....

Guess he knew how to get me to keep calling?
gig.gif

Better a prank call than other pranks...

I put a rubber rat in one of the accounting girls desk drawer... she screamed so darn loud they heard her in the building next door.

gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif

(the little plastic roaches were next - that girl could SCREAM!)

I may be saintly and pure at heart but....maybe I'm not saintly after all, making people scream is fun!

we used to call the Jiffy stores and ask if they had "Prince Albert in a can?"
And when they would say yes-we'd roar with "you'd better let him out!"hahahaha"

We kids got in trouble for answering the phone, "City Morgue. You stab 'em, we slab 'em." or "City Morgue. You kill 'em, we chill 'em". The other one was, "Ancora State Hospital". There is an actual place. It's the state mental hospital in NJ.

But the one that got into the most trouble was one of my brothers. Stevie was hanging out with a few buddies. One of these buddies could make himself sound like a little kid. They call my mom and he starts in.

"Is my mommy there?"
No your mommy isn't here.
"I can't find my mommy"
I'm sorry honey, your mommy isn't here.
"I reeeeally want my mommy. You sure she's not there"
No baby I'm sorry, she's not here.
(kid starts to get up set now)
"Why my mommy not there? She told me she would be there"
Who's your mommy?
"My mommy is my mommy. I want my mommy"
Who is your mommy? Where do you live?
"I live in my house with my mommy"

This goes on for about 20 minutes until my mom hears my brother in the background trying to hold in his laughter.

I swear the boy didn't sit for a week.

I save my prank phone calls for those who dare call me... and I'm not talking pranksters calling me... I'm talking about harmless unfortunate people who accidently misdial my house, or dare I say it, those evil out of the country bill collectors.....

I'm afraid to tell the whole store in detail and be called evil for some of it... but short story of it...

A man calling say his name was "John Anderson" and he was calling on behalf of his company to collect a debt I owed another company that they are collecting for (indeed, some collections company with a call center in india demand I pay a debt they purchased from some other company and so on).

I know the fact I have a debt makes me look bad enough these days... but I continued to trouble the poor man (who wasn't exactly very nice to start with, these collection people never are nice). I went on about my name being wrong, and I was married... how lucky I was as I was ugly and lonely and desperate. The man had no money... but I was no prize... yada yada. I asked if he had an arranged marriage and by his accent I highly doubted she was in fact named "Mrs. Anderson". He asked if I hated Indian people as I have been so rude to him (even though he called during our dinner) but of course I do not... What I do hate are liars I tell him. He was offended deeply by such a comment. So I asked if his Mama put John Anderson on his birth certificate? Why how dare I ask him such personal information. But didn't you call me at my home not knowing who I am to inquire about my personal information... I thought we got to know each other... I suppose we were not friends after all. As he was so snappy at me, and he was such a liar as to not disclose who he really was, it made him a none trustworthy liar! He was very angry at this point and asked if I needed to talk to his supervisor or manager... I needed to understand the legal reprocutions of my actions and my debts. Legal? Can they file legal paperwork in India against me? WOW! Who's pay my plane ticket?! If I need to talk to his manager for all that could I get his name... by chance was it Micheal Smith?! I could hear the honorable judge standing in front of the court asking Micheal Smith to put his hand on the bible and swear.... *click*

No one from that company ever called me to collect the debt again... I'm thinking they didn't like me very much?
wink.png

Last edited:
My favorite prank was about 15 years ago. One day at work, a guy in the office came back from Subway to eat his sandwich at his desk and he told me when he was getting his drink that he spilled all of it on a guy standing next to him. He said, "I looked at him for a moment and then just ran out of there!" I just looked at him and said, "Really? You didn't apologize? You turned and ran? You are 45 years old! By now you should know how to say you are sorry when you cause an accident." He was not apologetic at all and kinda laughing about it.

So, me being me, I went directly to the receptionist and told her to call his extension and tell him some guy was on the phone saying that he just met him at Subway and wanted to talk to him. I went back to my desk and observed his reaction when Janice came on his intercom and told him. He came out of his seat and sat right back down. He checked his back pocket for his wallet. He looked like he was ready to pass out in fear. He took a deep breath and picked up the line. "Hello, this is John. Hello? Hello?" He hung up and called Janice. "Where is he?" She played dumb. "He's on the line, John." He composed himself and tried again. "Hello, this is John." By now he was sweating. Profusely.

I alternated between shaking my head and laughing. He called Janice again. She told him, "He's there John, pick it up." He responded and his voice was an octave higher than normal. I really started laughing and he turned to me and realization dawned. "STACEY!!!!" I said, "That's what you get, John, when you don't take responsibility for your actions."

My best prank ever.

Back
Top Bottom