Hair style??

Dixiedoodle

Songster
12 Years
Apr 14, 2007
Tell me about your hair style! How long or short is it? How long have your worn it in this style? Curly, straight, color or not??

As a young mother I had long sun bleached hair that had lots of curly body, Then in my late 30's, I cut it really short--pixie style--I loved it, everyone else hated it--I had an uncle tell me I looked like a man.. Since my forties, I go from medium short, to below my shoulders, hating all the styles.. We have a boat--which is great fun-- if my hair is too short is looks windblown (standing up in the front like a Pompadour), If it is medium length it is too short to put put and it gets blown, dirty looking and tangled so, I let the layers grown out and cut it at shoulder lenght--long enough to pull it back/up and it looks ok but not great.. I am at a loss. Lately, I have been looking for 'real' women's hairstyles--not what hollywood thinks every women should look like--I do not want to spend a fortune getting my hair done every week, I want it to look and feel natural BUT still I want to look good for my age-I guess I should say age approx..Not like my daughters wear their hair (like the movie stars) and not like my mother wore hers (two inches long, permed every 6 weeks, colored it too dark for her age--(blue does not look good on everyone LOL), rolled tiny rollers and so stiff she didn't comb it all week)--that's why I have come here to ask this question.. So, all you real women--tell me what your real hair styles are!! Thank you Dixie

My hair is now just belowe my shoulders. It is naturally curly, but I usually blow dry with with larger curls and part it to the side. It is frosted with red woven in. I had it done two months ago when my hair was almost to my waist. It looked so awful like that! I love the new style.

My style is no style, lol. My hair is board-straight no matter what I do to it, so I no longer even try. I do like longer hair so I tend to go years without getting it cut. My last haircut was almost two years ago when I cut off 16in to give to Beautiful Lengths. I had been growing it at that point for over three years (I think), though I had gotten trims occasionally during that time. My plan at this point is to go five years without so much as a trim just to see what happens. My boys have decided to follow in my footsteps and neither of them has had a cut or trim in about seven months. I have no idea how long they plan on growing theirs, but I figure it's their hair and their decision.

I have extremly superthick and super straight brownish by nature and black by choice neck long hair. I want to grow it about 10 more in. My oldest has very long and fine straight blonde hair,my youngest DD has the same hair as er sis but shorter,due to a scissor experiment that went wrong,
lol.png
.My DH shaves his natural blonde hair ,he has to have short hair due to his job . My son gets a high and tide every week or two .I cut it myself.

I like mine anywhere two inches past my shoulders, down to my elbows but once it gets there, the length pulls the curls out, inherited brownishreddish from my Irish grandmother who lived to be 100 1/2 years old. I like to french braid mine on both sides if its windy or I'm to be busy. The pony gets a bit boring but the messy bun helps out, I've been toying w/an idea to cut to my shoulders or just above but always regret it when I go short!

I have pretty much always had long hair, I have cut it a few times over the years donating to locks of love.
Last time I cut over a foot off of it, leaving it still to the middle of my back length.

I did have some layers put in about a year ago....I hated the layers, so I let it grow, it looks so much better now that they have grown out. It is now down to almost my waist and am considering a cut again.

I like to keep it long so I can put it up off of my face. It has a bit of a curl to it, cos I always put it up in a bun, lol.

It's a natural light brown with a few blondish highlights in it.

Yes, post a picture!
I know what you mean about the boat. I just throw mine up and deal with it. Part of being on a boat is having fun and not worrying about what your hair looks like!
lol.png

I used to keep my long, highlighted, with some pieces to frame my face in the front. Now, I'm sick of spending money on my hair. I keep it darker, not quite as long, and the pieces in the front are a little shorter. It's easy for me to pull it in a ponytail, or keep some of the pieces out of the ponytail, or sometimes I'll keep it down, flat iron it, and make a "pomp" in the front since I hate hair falling in my face. My hair is very straight but the flat iron keeps the fly aways down.

My hair has always been long, dark brown, and can never hold a curl. I guess it is kind of boring. I forever wished I could be blond, well I guess I could but I would hate the upkeep, until in high school there was a girl that had long straight blond hair. I guess she didn't know my name so she would call me pretty hair girl. LOL.

I have the most gorgeous perfect hair on the planet!! Very thick, bushy, frizzy, wild, crazy, brown hair with silver "fairy sparkles!" (I have a 6 yr old )

I know, I know you're all jealous.....
big_smile.png

I do wish I had straight, silky, swingy hair that would swish around my shoulders, even for a day
roll.png

oh well at least I have fairy sparkles
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom