Half Shell Hatch-A-Long! (Caution, unsuccessful, please read whole thread before attempting)

Pics
Can you drop a bit onto the egg and recheck it like 10-15 minutes later? It might melt itself down and spread out like butter in a pan once it heats up from the incubator. :p
That might work. I just don't want to drown them in it or anything. I'll try it tomorrow.

Sooo, the q-tip didn't work. It was too rough, and left little fibers all over the membrane. Those were fun to pick off with tweezers, lol.
The membrane is just too thin, probably because this is the pointy end, and there's no double membrane. I just dabbed it around the outer part of the shell. Maybe if I melt the ointment down or something to apply it, idk. It's too firm to just rub on though. It almost ruptured a vein. I'll wait until we think of a better method for applying it to put it on. The one I did put it on to test it out has a cloudy look now. It seems ok, but definitely cloudy. Thoughts?
Why are you opening at the pointy end? I would’ve opened at the air cell. That’s where they usually pip

Sooo, the q-tip didn't work. It was too rough, and left little fibers all over the membrane. Those were fun to pick off with tweezers, lol.
The membrane is just too thin, probably because this is the pointy end, and there's no double membrane. I just dabbed it around the outer part of the shell. Maybe if I melt the ointment down or something to apply it, idk. It's too firm to just rub on though. It almost ruptured a vein. I'll wait until we think of a better method for applying it to put it on. The one I did put it on to test it out has a cloudy look now. It seems ok, but definitely cloudy. Thoughts?
Maybe it’s your qtip brand. I’ve never had that issues. I usually open at the air cell though.

Use your finger

Why are you opening at the pointy end? I would’ve opened at the air cell. That’s where they usually pip
Because it's impossible to see anything through the double membrane in the air cell. I can't peel it off because all of the veins are attached to it. So in order to see anything the pointy end has to be opened.

Also, day 15 today! For 2 anyway.
#3 is on day 14 and #4 is on day 13.
The down on number 1 is almost a white/blond color, and the down on #3 is a chocolatey brown.

Back
Top Bottom