Half Shell Hatch-A-Long! (Caution, unsuccessful, please read whole thread before attempting)

Pics
Oh so exciting! She looks good! The clicking is a sound they make when their respiratory system kicks in; you’ll hear it when they start breathing and it’s a different sound to the tapping they do on the shell. :) it’s a good sign! :fl
Yay! So she's breathing air? I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I'll probably be in front of the incubator all day. Lol.

Yay! So she's breathing air? I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I'll probably be in front of the incubator all day. Lol.
If it’s that rhythmic click, click, each time she breathes, yep, she’s breathing air! I don’t blame you, I’d be the same! *sorry boss, I can’t come into work today, I have to camp out beside my incubator* haha.

If it’s that rhythmic click, click, each time she breathes, yep, she’s breathing air! I don’t blame you, I’d be the same! *sorry boss, I can’t come into work today, I have to camp out beside my incubator* haha.
Yep!
Lol! I don't have work for the rest of the week :D
My summer job has been mowing and since the grass isn't growing much any more, I don't have to mow as much. So I can camp out in front of the incubator 24-7 and not get anything productive done. Jk, lol :gig
You know what they say, a watched kettle never boils. Lol

👍
What do you have incubating still? I love little Seven's pic in your avatar.
just changed it. I have two Isabella leghorns due tomorrow, 4 Slash Bresse and another red Dorkin due the 26th, and 1 Isabella leghorns due the 31st. That's why I was not happy with my Jonwhatever incubator acting up. I lockdown in the brinsea.

just changed it. I have two Isabella leghorns due tomorrow, 4 Slash Bresse and another red Dorkin due the 26th, and 1 Isabella leghorns due the 31st. That's why I was not happy with my Jonwhatever incubator acting up. I lockdown in the brinsea.
Ooh, Bresses. I want to have some some day. They're such cool big birds, and I really don't like Cornish Xs. The poor birds can't even function.
Jonwhatever :lau I love that LOL
That's probably for the best. Brinseas are much more reliable.

(Bresse are just fatter leghorns. I went back to Cornish Cross, I've got teenage boys to feed after all. :oops:)
@MGG Just watching your progress and pushing lots of like buttons, lol. I'm glad this is working out for you so far. I do love experiments...
Hm...aren't they used as meat birds though? I just think they look fun honestly, lol. I'm not opposed to people using Cornish cross of course, I just know if I was going to raise birds for eating I wouldn't want to raise them. Esp. since they can't reproduce on their own. We eat chicken from the store, I'm sure it's probably Cornish crosses.
Thanks for following! I love them too. Do you have any suggestions? Baby seems to be breathing. She's just not active at all. I guess that's normal though?

Back
Top Bottom