Halloween Hatch-A-Long 2017

Pics
How did candling go for everyone?
3/5 seem to be developing, one had to be tossed because a crack formed and it started to leak, and the last one I'm honestly not sure if its even fertile.. I've been watching the hatch along thread here, but haven't said anything here yet since they will hatch 1-2 days late (Muscovies).. Good luck to everyone on hatching Halloween babies

3/5 seem to be developing, one had to be tossed because a crack formed and it started to leak, and the last one I'm honestly not sure if its even fertile.. I've been watching the hatch along thread here, but haven't said anything here yet since they will hatch 1-2 days late (Muscovies).. Good luck to everyone on hatching Halloween babies

Good luck! We're really not that strict on the hatch date.

Good luck! We're really not that strict on the hatch date.
haha thats good to know! and thank you, im really hoping the little buggers make it, the air sacks were real messed up after shipping.. If they wind up DIS I'm gonna kill the friend who sent them to me. Its already stressful and its still 2 weeks off from the hatch!
:barnie

haha thats good to know! and thank you, im really hoping the little buggers make it, the air sacks were real messed up after shipping.. If they wind up DIS I'm gonna kill the friend who sent them to me. Its already stressful and its still 2 weeks off from the hatch!
:barnie

Just realx, it'll be fine. You have any current ducks/muscovies now?

Nope! First duck hatch, but I've had a variety of other birds in the past; black sex-link hens, button, coturnix and Texas A&M quail.. I always get nervous around halfway through a hatch because you can actually see the chicks coming to life, they're not just an egg anymore, y'know? :) Its exciting and terrifying because you never know what's gonna happen, every hatch is different.

to be more specific, recently my chicken flock was taken out by an unknown predator that got in the coop (probably a coyote or bobcat grr) so i think the duck eggs were more of a sympathy gift than anything, to be honest. God, hatching new birds makes me so anxious!

Back
Top Bottom