HALLOWEEN HATCH!!! Anyone

OK, ready for chickie overload? ..... Heck, I don't know who is who! The last ones are of the EE that is brown (from yesterday). I still have peeping going on, and I have 13 out now. The biggest darkest Marans egg is peeping, and has pipped more than 24 hours ago. I hope it makes it out! Soon, I will think about helping it ... I KNOW, many do not recomend that, BUT, I hear it peeping!

31282_oct_28_2009_jersey_giant_hatch_3_026.jpg

31282_oct_28_2009_jersey_giant_hatch_3_033.jpg

31282_oct_28_2009_jersey_giant_hatch_3_010.jpg

31282_oct_28_2009_jersey_giant_hatch_3_023.jpg

31282_oct_28_2009_jersey_giant_hatch_3_005.jpg

31282_oct_28_2009_jersey_giant_hatch_3_024.jpg

31282_oct_28_2009_jersey_giant_hatch_2_029.jpg

31282_oct_28_2009_jersey_giant_hatch_3_004.jpg

31282_oct_28_2009_jersey_giant_hatch_3_017.jpg

31282_oct_28_2009_jersey_giant_hatch_3_016.jpg

31282_oct_28_2009_jersey_giant_hatch_3_042.jpg

By the way, today is day 21 for part 2 of my 3 part staggering hatch ... the lavender orpingtons. I see no pips from them.
sad.png

Too cute!

I wold type more but I only have one hand free. Small end pip hatched right in my hand a few minutes ago. Little bit of her insides came out of umbilicus, so I'm holding her still while they retract bac in. oh and I have another small end pipper.
th.gif

Edit: Okay, I have my hands back again. lol Small end pipper's insides went back inside, and she's in the 'bator now, basking in the spa-like atmosphere. She's CUTE - reddish face, silvery/dark body. I dunno how much more of this I can take. But, it's worth all the stress, because now I have....

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

celebrate.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Do you hear peeping from them? I will send up some good thoughts and prayers... we need little lavs running around.

I couldn't express it properly earlier with only one hand, but OMG I love your babies! So much sweetness! And such a rainbow of colors.... lovely!!!!

By the way, today is day 21 for part 2 of my 3 part staggering hatch ... the lavender orpingtons. I see no pips from them.

Do you hear peeping from them? I will send up some good thoughts and prayers... we need little lavs running around.

Ooopppppsss .... it's only Day 20.​

Quote:
Thank you! Thank you for starting this thread, it's a lifesaver = )
Luvmybob, I wanted to comment, the chick is adorable and she looks like a great Mom, but also, I love your nest boxes. That's so cool, with the circular opening.

She is a good mom--she was so cute when I was giving her some water it was dribbling down her neck and the chick was gobbling up the water drops from her feathers--so sweet! She would also peck at some food and spit it out by her chick to try and get her to eat, which the chick just sorta pecked at it---oh it's so adorable! All of you are right when you said I need to enjoy the moment of mother baby time...

Thanks for the comment on the nest boxes, my husband built the coop and all, he's really good at those things. He's kind of a perfectionist. I wish he built the nests just a little bigger, but they seem to like it ( the girls ) and I wouldn't tell my husband that after all his hard work!

Still waiting on 10----day 21 today and I'm pretty sure I heard a chirp that didn't belong to the sleeping baby at the time...
fl.gif

Good luck, I'll be praying for you---Wow, lavender orpingtons, I bet they are gorgeous!
love.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom