HALLOWEEN HATCH!!! Anyone

I am so sorry to hear that Kathy! Sometimes there isn't anything you can do. I've had them drown in very little water at all. I guess things have to happen exactly wrong. And I'll be the first to admit our heat lamps are terribly dangerous.

Quote:
oh no!!!
hit.gif

i'm sorry Kathy....

hopefully all the gremilins are gone and the rest of your babies will be fine...
got any fairy dust to sprinkle around the brooder??

Quote:
I think just wait.

really?? how long?? i was thinking about turning them over to check for bottom pips before i went to bed tonight...i would say around 10 or 11.

i don't know that i would turn them over, but pick them up and check the bottoms then put htem down the same way they were... don't make the poor things use more energy to turn around again...
maybe.... sounded good to me....
i would let them pip on their own, and once they do maybe give them just a tiny bit of help if it looks like they need it... my 6 yr old still needs help with his zipper.. and he's plenty healthy.. lol...

Quote:
I was gone when it happened, gone for 30 minutes. That's where I was ... at the Shop of Horrors, looking for Fairy Dust!

ETA: I just now heard my first chirping sound from the Lavender Orps! YAY! I hope they all pop right out of that egg carton!
176.gif
176.gif
176.gif
176.gif
176.gif
176.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
really?? how long?? i was thinking about turning them over to check for bottom pips before i went to bed tonight...i would say around 10 or 11.

i don't know that i would turn them over, but pick them up and check the bottoms then put htem down the same way they were... don't make the poor things use more energy to turn around again...
maybe.... sounded good to me....
i would let them pip on their own, and once they do maybe give them just a tiny bit of help if it looks like they need it... my 6 yr old still needs help with his zipper.. and he's plenty healthy.. lol...

thanks...i just hear the chirping and i think they are going to pip and then stop since they are basically a day late. If i saw even one pip out of the 7 left it would mean the world to me

Ok looking in the bator expecting to see some progress..There was an olive egger wait are my eyes deceiving me 2 chics out..They must be kung fu chickens, man that was fast... Those olive eggers popped right out..
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom