Halloween ~ Hatch Day!

I have 5 out of 8 right now. Still have 3 eggs in the hatcher, but I don't have
much hope for them. Gonna wait a few more days, then check them out.

I have 2 partridge, 1 black, 1 white, and 1 buff, all silkies. I was hoping for a
splash, but guess I'll have to wait till the next batch hatches and see what
I get.

Quote:
That is so sad! I am so sorry.
sad.png
hugs.gif
What would casue them to die? Not sure about cleaning the bator while eggs are in there. Why does it smell? Maybe a quick anti-bacterial baby wipe?

We're up to 8 chicks. I think there was the humidity problem that caused some of them to die. An egg that was due out tomorrow hatched already and is doing great so I have no clue what was up with the Halloween eggs.
idunno.gif

One of the eggs was a double yolker and the one yolk did not develop. When the chick hatched the "rotten yolk" splattered all over the other eggs. Its digusting!

We just had number 9 hatch here! 4 more are pipped....sigh...this hatching stuff sure is hard work!
wink.png

Quote:
Today would have been day 23 for me. I had 5 that did not hatch, so after candling to make sure i saw no movement, I went ahead and cracked them open. 1 looked like it probably died on day 17 or 18. The yoke sac had almost absorbed. But the other 4 died much earlier.

I was fortunate to have 8 out of 13 hatch. And the two I helped out of the shells are doing great. You can't hardly tell them apart anymore. One had curled toes, but they are almost straight now.

Looks like my magic number is 10, I had only lost 4 at the time we moved them to the hatcher incubator. Hubby said the temp spiked to 103 for a while before we got it back down to 100.4. I would say some of them cooked.
smack.gif
that is how I feel. About half died at day 18 I guess.
hit.gif
I have an assortment of frizzles and a couple silkies (nice top hat on them too!) Don't know exactly what happened but i guess that is the breaks of the game for hatching right! Anyway, Lisa, when next Feb/March rolls around be ready to send us quite a few. We are going to redo the incubation lesson and hopefully raise quite a few.

Thanks again for great chicks! I wish I could have kept the temp stable those last 3 days and not allowed the spike. GRRRR....

We have four so far, started hatching later yesterday afternoon. Heard more peeps when I removed them and put them in the brooder, so who knows????

Quote:
I still have nothing. The hen hasn't even hstched any as of the last time I checked, so I know it's not just me. The eggs I have in the hatcher are ones that she started sitting on, and she kicked them out of the nest.
I candled them (in the hatcher) last night, and one looks like it quit a few days ago. The other 2 I couldn't see anything in, no veins or anything, but they are pretty full, so if they are still alive they should be hatching any time now. They are full term for sure. But still no rocking or pipping. I just don't know. I thought they were a bit behind when I put them in the bator to begin with. Maybe all her eggs will be, thanks to the cooler weather we've been having.

We are now up to eleven chicks! My first blue cochin just hatched about an hour ago, and about 30 minutes ago the second bantam faverolle egg hatched!

OMIGOODNESS I am in love!
love.gif

I have a standard faverolle pipped, another cochin is pipped, my only silver pheonix is pipped, and I have another Mille peeping in it's shell.

Back
Top Bottom