Halloween/Thanksgiving Hatch-a-Long 2019

Pics
Do you have any pics? What's the difference with buttons?

I'm not familiar with the differences and probably sound foolish lol

Nooo you don’t sound foolish at all!!! LOL

Buttons are way smaller than coturnix!! You can keep them inside the house. Actually, you gotta cause they’re so small and fragile. You can keep em right in an aquarium lol they are more pets whereas cots can be meat and eggs.

Nooo you don’t sound foolish at all!!! LOL

Buttons are way smaller than coturnix!! You can keep them inside the house. Actually, you gotta cause they’re so small and fragile. You can keep em right in an aquarium lol they are more pets whereas cots can be meat and eggs.
I'd rather cots, I don't need birds in the house. My cat already tries to get my parakeet

I'd rather cots, I don't need birds in the house. My cat already tries to get my parakeet
i keep mine in same cage as my finches.....they get along well and are a good “clean up crew” for seed-eating birds! most people with a “quail addiction” hatch buttons at some point!:lau

Good point! Lol

i keep mine in same cage as my finches.....they get along well and are a good “clean up crew” for seed-eating birds! most people with a “quail addiction” hatch buttons at some point!:lau

I want to make an outdoor aviary with parakeets, cockatiels, and quail. :D

Good point! Lol

I want to make an outdoor aviary with parakeets, cockatiels, and quail. :D
that is similar to the “vision” DH has for my aviary.....once i get the new netting installed and the indoor room built, we are planning to add more variety of birds including parakeets, cockatiels, and diamond doves....not sure yet if the finches will be able to go outside, but :fl

I have just a parakeet. But I want to make an outdoor aviary for quail... Can buttons go with them?
benjamin button was in the aviary for several months with quail, chukars, and pheasants and was perfectly happy as he spent time with most of them in the brooder. I had planned, however, to bring him indoors for winter as they don’t tolerate temps below 50* as well as cots and the other birds do.

Back
Top Bottom