1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Hand turning Eggs what are you crazy ?? LOL

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BlueBirdChick, Oct 8, 2010.

1. BlueBirdChick

BlueBirdChick On Vacation

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    Yesterday I had to explain why I couldnt put all my eggs into my bigger incubator. Cause they were like a whole bunch days ahead of my Crele eggs. Well how come you cant do a staggering hatch??? Everyone does it. Then I told them I cant the reason is because I dont have a egg turner
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT???????????? Yeah I hand turn my eggs. I got a reaction like thats a lost art hahahaa. Seriously am I the only one who hand turns their eggs. I even said yeah I have it timed so I dont miss turning. I dont have a automatic egg turner I guess if I did have one then I could of added those eggs into my bigger incubator. I dont I guess its hard to explain to people that not everyone has a egg turner and do what any momma hen would do. Im not trying to take away from egg turners or those that use them. I just like hand turning my eggs. I hoping that there is someone else out there that does that.

2. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    I have a friend who has three VERY large cabinet incubators (2 are taller than I am, one a bit shorter). They are very old, and wooden. And they do not have automatic turners.

3. BlueBirdChick

BlueBirdChick On Vacation

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    wooohooo another person who has to hand turn i bet thats alot of work for them to do that though. I admire them though

4. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Ok, I admit it; I hand turn mine too. We have a really, really old Hovabator that is at least 30 yrs old and still works fine. It is the ugliest thing in the kitchen, but it does a great job when we need it. So yes, at least one more person besides you still hand turns eggs...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by