Hands down, what is a chickens FAVORITE food/treat/scraps?

Funny, mine are not too crazy about mealworms. They especially love yogurt and grape leaves. Funny how much they love the grape leaves--much more than any other greens.

meal worms!
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif

I found beef suete blocks for wild birds to be 1/2 price right now at Atwoods they have corn, sunflower seeds and cherry flavor do you think they would make good treats for Bantams

I do not know if anyone mentioned this but TOMATOES... Oh, my they go crazy... I planted extra tomato plants just for them. Actually I have found that anything red tends to be a big hit... strawberries, currants, raspberries, watermelon, cherries, red grapes fortunately everything except the red grapes are growing on my property.
big_smile.png

Quote:
that is good to know because we have a real problem with invasive wild grapes here... I am constantly cutting them down and pulling them up... don't know why I never thought of that before... Thanks!

I make a "porridge" of their crumble and oatmeal and I mix it with warm water...they go crazy for it! They also love watermelon, yogurt and superworms. They don't eat earthworms though...funny.

But, my girls all time favorite treat by far is the grubs I dig up in my garden. A few weeks ago I was finding them in their pupae stage and they really loved them too! I used to hate finding those things, now I look for them! When I find one all I have to do is point at it and they come running to get it.

Back
Top Bottom