Hands down, what is a chickens FAVORITE food/treat/scraps?

Cracked corn... or anything from the shiny basin of goodies, aka the treat pan. Although sometimes they don't get goodies, the few times it pays off with corn or things they like makes them keep coming back!

My chicks must be "high-class"! They won't eat:

1. Tomatoes
2. Bananas
3. Grass
4. Grapes
5. Green beans
6. Cucumbers

They love yellow squash and bugs!

<LOL>

Mine eat all the stuff all of your chickens like, but they also don't like worms much. Today I fed my sick, thin chicken a piece of my burger.

One thing no one has mentioned is that after my Halloween pumpkins froze, I threw them in the chickens pen and they ate THE WHOLE PUMPKIN over the course of a couple weeks. They eat the fibers like spaghetti strands. The meat didn't go bad because it was cool out and the pumpkin was raw. That's a lot of vitamins:)

So apparently some of your chickens like meat huh? I figured they'd eat KFC if you gave it to them.

Mine also love catfood when they sneak it when they're loose! I hate for them to eat it. It probably has chicken by product in it!

They enjoy watermelon and i don't cut it up. I give them the part we don't eat and they eat it down to the green. That's good for them.

OK My chickies must be fussy like salt and light's! They enjoy watermelon but they left the last batch sit. They ignored banana. They refuse to eat broccolli that has been cooked - must be raw. They like grapes, but disdain smashed or bruised ones!
tongue.png

All pasta so far has been ignored completely. They ignored rice. They like clover, grass and bugs..... But, right now they are on a refuse to come outside strike so I am at a loss!

Between the chickens and ducks there
is never anything in my house that goes
to waste. Spaghetti and mac and cheese
seem to be their favorite with the exception
of mealworms. I actually have friends that
bring me their leftovers. As far a bananas,
yesterday one managed to peck through her pen and get the peel. I swear they enjoyed that more than the inside. I will
never figure those girls out.

My daughter works as a server in a restaurant. She takes a bucket for the food that people leave on their plates. From a dinner shift, she can fill a two gallon bucket. The chickens just love it and I feel good about what does not go into the landfill. So far the girls have eaten everything that comes home (though we do take out any chicken bones).

Back
Top Bottom