Hands on hatching and help

Ugh, guess it got tired of me messing with it. :(

I did take a pic after the fact if you still wanna see how it was surviving. Wonder if it would have made it if I didn't mess around, or if it would have just been a non pipper and passed. It's kicks were so strong.

Part of the learning curve. :old

I am still very satisfied with my overall hatch! :bun
And definitely addicted. :oops: :D

Ugh, guess it got tired of me messing with it. :(

I did take a pic after the fact if you still wanna see how it was surviving. Wonder if it would have made it if I didn't mess around, or if it would have just been a non pipper and passed. It's kicks were so strong.

Part of the learning curve. :old

I am still very satisfied with my overall hatch! :bun
And definitely addicted. :oops: :D
I'm still learning! That never ends. I'm sorry it didn't make it. I've noticed that if they are not internally pipped and the membrane tears without them getting their beaks out then they don't make it. I would be interested in seeing the pic if you want to share. We can't save them all! :hugs

Of course my call duck hatch started today because I was away for 12 hours on a field trip! It's a small batch, only 6 eggs and 1 was added 2 days later then the rest. 1 adorable duckling is out, 2 are pipped correctly and 1 is pipped at the pointy end. My humidity is a tiny bit low for where I like it so I'm going to add some water and check on the malpo and candle the other 2. These are eggs from my house duck baby girl and my first time hatching them. These ducklings already have a home but the first duckling is so adorable (definitely one I would have kept) so I've already decided as soon as this batch finishes hatching I am setting another one!

my calls got a little yard time, the big ducks didn't know what to make of them lol
So cute! They are so big!! I'm trying to integrate my new 3 young calls (almost full grown) with my 3 older calls. It's been difficult to say the least. But yesterday was the first time that I let all of them out in the yard together. A couple minor squabbles but nothing serious. Thank god for progress! (It's taking forever).

So cute! They are so big!! I'm trying to integrate my new 3 young calls (almost full grown) with my 3 older calls. It's been difficult to say the least. But yesterday was the first time that I let all of them out in the yard together. A couple minor squabbles but nothing serious. Thank god for progress! (It's taking forever).

I'm having a rough time integrating several pens. Much easier when the moms do it, but the birds are so people-scared. i let the calls out this morning and the big ducks were out. I observed for a bit and my big drake chased one of the little calls, so i had to shoo the big ones back to their pen. They are mad at me now lol
Good luck with your integrations! I'm about to pull my hair out. Haha

Of course my call duck hatch started today because I was away for 12 hours on a field trip! It's a small batch, only 6 eggs and 1 was added 2 days later then the rest. 1 adorable duckling is out, 2 are pipped correctly and 1 is pipped at the pointy end. My humidity is a tiny bit low for where I like it so I'm going to add some water and check on the malpo and candle the other 2. These are eggs from my house duck baby girl and my first time hatching them. These ducklings already have a home but the first duckling is so adorable (definitely one I would have kept) so I've already decided as soon as this batch finishes hatching I am setting another one!
Good luck! How are they coming?

IMG_9021.JPG
I'm having a rough time integrating several pens. Much easier when the moms do it, but the birds are so people-scared. i let the calls out this morning and the big ducks were out. I observed for a bit and my big drake chased one of the little calls, so i had to shoo the big ones back to their pen. They are mad at me now lol
Good luck with your integrations! I'm about to pull my hair out. Haha
Tell me about it! Chickens are so easy to integrate. Not ducks!!
Good luck! How are they coming?
Good! 4 are out and the malpo is not ready. I tried once this morning and just a little while ago to widen the pip hole but there are still veins. The first baby is so cute & feisty. I can't get over it!
(Ok, it put my pic first??)

View attachment 1030385
Tell me about it! Chickens are so easy to integrate. Not ducks!!

Good! 4 are out and the malpo is not ready. I tried once this morning and just a little while ago to widen the pip hole but there are still veins. The first baby is so cute & feisty. I can't get over it!
(Ok, it put my pic first??)
Omg, how can you get cuter than that? I swear ducks are the most adorable as babies! Yes, it puts my pics on top most of the time too.

Ok, integrating chickens has always been problematic to me! Lol

Back
Top Bottom