Hands on hatching and help

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, Feb 11, 2016.

1. pipAchick

pipAchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2016
    VA
    Have to candle....must candle JUST one I'll JUST candle one&go to bed,maybe.

They need to post a warning (or more) how ADDICTIVE this is [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    [​IMG]

3. pipAchick

pipAchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2016
    VA

Searching for a thread on hatching withdraw..there should be a support group for this sorta thing!

4. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Sorry I fell behind and I see it's been fixed. I was going to say, see if the black cord is stuck in the back between the lid...I've done it too!! :gig

50 eggs! All due at different times! Wow, you're brave! Where the heck are you brooding all these messy duck babies? And a pregnant wife! She's going to kill you! ;)

Yes, I was wanting to use the octagon 20 as the incubator and get a still air as a hatcher. I thought the still airs were supposed to be better with humidity? Why are you having issues with it? I'm a stay at home mom too, so I prefer to hand turn 5xday. I actually am not liking the results in the 20 with the cradle. I have better results with the same eggs when I turn them in my brinsea mini, so next batch in the 20 I will try laying them down and hand turning.

What is this Lyon incubator you speak of? I've never heard of it....going to Google now!

Good, I'm glad! They look for trouble when they hatch, I swear!! Amy convinced me awhile ago that it was safe to move chicks whenever I want. I've done a few small, staggered hatches and I didn't want the chicks knocking the eggs around that were shipped and not due yet and I literally moved them as soon as they hatched. I just kept a blanket over the brooder so there were no drafts and kept it at 100ish and they were fine. Can't wait to see the pics!

5. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For the Birds!! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

I used to travel from Charleston WV to Toledo a few times a month for business, so I went through there often! Now I'm in Parkersburg WV, so we aren't too far apart.

------
    I just locked down 7 golden sebrights, 4 OEGBs, and 2 lavender orpingtons! :fl

6. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop

1 person likes this.
  7. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Hope you have a great hatch!

1 person likes this.
  8. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Are they in the FI? Good luck, WV!! :hugs

9. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For the Birds!! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

Yes they are! Temps seem good, I moved the Spot Check to the FI with the eggs. Just waiting for a bit to see how humidity is going to level out before I go to bed. Might have to add another sponge. :/

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  10. BigWeenMachine

BigWeenMachine Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2015
    Here he is. I tried to get a good pic of his face to show his beak. You can kinda see the line down his beak in the 2nd pick.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He's already a spoiled rotten lil ducky. I held him for a few minutes when I took him out of the hatcher and now he screams if I put him down. He has to snuggle up against my neck and thats the only way he is quiet, lol. Hope his siblings hatch soon so I can put him down.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by