Hands on hatching and help

frow.gif
hi everyone!
Loving all the cute chick pics!!
I'm happy to update that my shipped eggs are looking surprisingly good and my hovabator has been holding steady temps.
wee.gif

On my day 7 candling on Wednesday, 12 of 16 BBS mottled bantam Cochins had movement and looked great. I had only 1 clear and 3 early quitters. Definitely the best development I've ever had on shipped eggs!

My shipped bcm's were 6/9 viable, other 3 were unsure- they're really dark so I'll recheck again tomorrow.

My own BBS copper Marans eggs are also looking good 6/8 viable, 1 no, 1 maybe. These were older eggs that I had sitting out at room temp in a carton and didn't turn them or anything before setting (I wanted to see how they do not being fresh or turned in storage). So looks decent so far considering!

And I also have a broody!!!!
1f600.png

One of my 5 month old marans went broody Wednesday and is staying put. I haven't let her keep any eggs under her, but I think we will give her some eggs this weekend once we decide which coop to set her up in. I'm not comfortable leaving her where she is- I have 2 very large roosters in that breeder coop and I'm afraid the chicks could get injured. She's a low bird in the pecking order and very young too so I'd rather move her where she doesn't have so much to deal with to keep the babies safe her first time. I didn't know they could go broody so young! She just started laying a couple weeks ago!

Ooooohh mottled bantam cochins
droolin.gif

Good luck!

All of my girls are a year old or close to it, and I still have not had one broody!
hmm.png

So!!! Grand total!!!! 11/15 Silkies shipped from Ruby!!!!! :yiipchick. And I only had 1/2 hatch on my SLP!! So I have 12 fluffy butts running around!!!
And Ruby I have one silkie that hatched out black and yellow!!?? Any clue as to what color that may be? My pics won't upload from my phone for some reason. :/

Ooooohh mottled bantam cochins  :drool   

Good luck!

All of my girls are a year old or close to it, and I still have not had one broody! :/

Thanks!
1f604.png
I can't wait to see these mottled babies lol. I may get a few solids (recessive for mottled) but should mostly be mottled smooth and frizzles. I'm thinking about trying a lavender mottled project at some point since I have self blues too... Luckily my husband likes to build coops!
1f604.png

So!!! Grand total!!!! 11/15 Silkies shipped from Ruby!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
. And I only had 1/2 hatch on my SLP!! So I have 12 fluffy butts running around!!!
And Ruby I have one silkie that hatched out black and yellow!!?? Any clue as to what color that may be? My pics won't upload from my phone for some reason.
hmm.png

OMG Ross that is sooooo AWESOME!!!
wee.gif

Ruby ROCKS!

Thanks!
1f604.png
I can't wait to see these mottled babies lol. I may get a few solids (recessive for mottled) but should mostly be mottled smooth and frizzles. I'm thinking about trying a lavender mottled project at some point since I have self blues too... Luckily my husband likes to build coops!
1f604.png

Ah geez, lavender is my other weakness!
th.gif

I have a gorgeous blue frizzle bantam cochin cockerel

OMG Ross that is sooooo AWESOME!!!  :weee  

Ruby ROCKS! 

Ah geez, lavender is my other weakness!  :th

I have a gorgeous blue frizzle bantam cochin cockerel

I hope you have a pic of him to share!
1f600.png

Here are my 12 week old self blue pullets:
They're such sweeties.

And I have 7 more who are just about 4 weeks old. As of now, looks like 2 males, 5 females :)

I hope you have a pic of him to share!
1f600.png

Here are my 12 week old self blue pullets:
They're such sweeties.

And I have 7 more who are just about 4 weeks old. As of now, looks like 2 males, 5 females :)

love.gif
Yours are Beauties!! I love them!! (do you sell eggs
hide.gif
)

Here is my duo. He is my only male, in with his cuckoo girl, and 2 white silkies.
Their babies are the 6-week old ones that I am growing out now (one currently my avatar)
And I have 6 of this pair's eggs in the incubator now.

Just you... never had it happen from anyone else...
hu.gif

Seems like you got one of mine too, or maybe it was her response to my quote, or something.

Well the problem one that Hatched is still sitting in incubator by herself but, whatever that is is almost dried up , she's dragging it around with her, and running round in the incubator

but the one by itself wasn't very happy she wanted company and thought she should be sitting with us, got 4 about same age as her and put em with her, at least now she's not trying to escape, she's just playing at being bossy.

have to pick up son and do afternoon chores then will start eggtospies

:love Yours are Beauties!! I love them!! (do you sell eggs :oops: ) Here is my duo. He is my only male, in with his cuckoo girl, and 2 white silkies. Their babies are the 6-week old ones that I am growing out now (one currently my avatar) And I have 6 of this pair's eggs in the incubator now. Seems like you got one of mine too, or maybe it was her response to my quote, or something.
Aw thanks :) Lol I just have Marans eggs that I can sell right now- my bantams are still pretty young yet. The oldest are my calico/ Mille Fleur cochins who are 16 weeks. The self blues are a month behind them. But in a few months hopefully I'll have some eggs for you!
1f604.png
:love What a handsome little rooster you have!! Love the cuckoo hen too- very nice!

frow.gif
hi everyone!
Loving all the cute chick pics!!
I'm happy to update that my shipped eggs are looking surprisingly good and my hovabator has been holding steady temps.
wee.gif

On my day 7 candling on Wednesday, 12 of 16 BBS mottled bantam Cochins had movement and looked great. I had only 1 clear and 3 early quitters. Definitely the best development I've ever had on shipped eggs!

My shipped bcm's were 6/9 viable, other 3 were unsure- they're really dark so I'll recheck again tomorrow.

My own BBS copper Marans eggs are also looking good 6/8 viable, 1 no, 1 maybe. These were older eggs that I had sitting out at room temp in a carton and didn't turn them or anything before setting (I wanted to see how they do not being fresh or turned in storage). So looks decent so far considering!

And I also have a broody!!!!
1f600.png

One of my 5 month old marans went broody Wednesday and is staying put. I haven't let her keep any eggs under her, but I think we will give her some eggs this weekend once we decide which coop to set her up in. I'm not comfortable leaving her where she is- I have 2 very large roosters in that breeder coop and I'm afraid the chicks could get injured. She's a low bird in the pecking order and very young too so I'd rather move her where she doesn't have so much to deal with to keep the babies safe her first time. I didn't know they could go broody so young! She just started laying a couple weeks ago!
fl.gif

So!!! Grand total!!!! 11/15 Silkies shipped from Ruby!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
. And I only had 1/2 hatch on my SLP!! So I have 12 fluffy butts running around!!!
And Ruby I have one silkie that hatched out black and yellow!!?? Any clue as to what color that may be? My pics won't upload from my phone for some reason.
hmm.png
clap.gif
I hope it straightens out, I wanna see pics!!! lol

Just you... never had it happen from anyone else...
hu.gif

That is so weird!

Back
Top Bottom