Hands on hatching and help

I'm not as experienced as the others in this thread, but I worry when they are too quiet, so often I will make a small hole for them. Last one I did this for was malpositioned in such a way that it could not reach the shell to pip. For me it's darned if you do, darned if you don't...

-Kathy

You are wayyy too modest.

Quote: Not really, lol. My chicken and ducks do most of my hatching, so my actual hatching experience is quite limited compared to you guys.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

Egads! I took my stethoscope off my ears, got my drill bit ready and held it up to the egg when I heard a muffled peeping. I jumped! I couldn't tell if it came from the bator next to my head or the egg in my hand so now I'm trying to patiently tap on bator and egg listening for the peeping again. Lol.

Yay! Its the egg and the bator! This egg is just a quiet one I guess. I hear it scratching and to tap it with the stethoscope to finaly hear a peep peep peep. Then I heard an answering peep from the bator! To cool! No intervention needed yet!

Last edited:
Yay! Its the egg and the bator! This egg is just a quiet one I guess. I hear it scratching and to tap it with the stethoscope to finaly hear a peep peep peep. Then I heard an answering peep from the bator! To cool! No ontervention needed yet!

clap.gif
They like to test our patience... (is that why they call them patients?)
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom