Hands on hatching and help

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, Feb 11, 2016.

1. AmyLynn2374

AmyLynn2374 Humidity Queen

Oct 11, 2014
    Gouverneur, NY
    BTW [​IMG]

2. pipAchick

pipAchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2016
    VA

Awah thanks,super encouraging[​IMG]

3. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Day 7 candling. A little spider looking thing inside the egg means a chick - little area surrounded by clear veins - and it's good? Um, yeah, so a bright line of red going all the way around the inside of the egg means that's not good, right? And an air cell that still looks like a bubble floating around all over the place in there is most likely also not good at this point, I'm assuming.

This ain't looking real good, folks. Too many blood rings, too many floaty air cells, too few with obvious veining, and some I can't see into well enough to tell much of anything. If this count holds until the end, and all of the ones I think look good at this point hatch, that'll be 9 out of 27. If I take out the ones that have veining to this point, but that I think the air cells will be too much to overcome, then that puts it down to 3. I haven't pulled any eggs because I know they can sometimes fool ya at this stage and I'm simply not experienced enough to make the call. Either that or I just plain don't WANT to make the call....haven't decided that yet either.

Grrrrrrr

4. quackshack74

quackshack74 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 30, 2014
    twin lakes Wisconsin

:) gotcha. Yep, it was an old egg hatchin hand that scolded me on the "lock down" & don't help rules .
    But my slow hatcher last year I was suggested to put a thin layer of Vaseline around the pip sight. Then soon after boom baby was out.
    Any who hope the call ducks make it out. ♡
    I do like this thread a bunch. Have a good evening all. :)

5. pipAchick

pipAchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2016
    VA

I'm a glass is full type... Hopefully you get all 9, but sorry odds seem to be slipping[​IMG]

6. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    They will come, understand what they do in the shell, First they have to comb there Fur, then apply make up especially the girls, then shave, brush there beaks, don't want bad breath, then file the nails. I could go on and on, it's not just a wham bam thing, OH NO, there's a Lot going on before they escape..

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  7. Lacrystol

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    UH OH

8. Lacrystol

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    Water and LOTS OF CLEANING, once it dries it's harder to get off. He's sneezing it out? Well thats good and not good, Hopefully he doesn't have it down his lungs..

9. Lacrystol

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    High? Low? What kind of bator?? still should be around 101-102

10. Lacrystol

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    Normally that is true, However with calls it's a little trickier. They have small beaks and short necks this makes it difficult for them to externally pip and sometimes they need some assistance.. I usually like to wait ONE day after the due date before doing anything..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by