Hands on hatching and help

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmyLynn2374, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    And also, Some need the help, with calls it's an all new ball game, That's why it's called the CALL DUCK CHALLENGE, because they are Definitely a challenge to hatch. I can't tell you HOW MANY eggs, I went through before I got it right. OMG, SOOOOO MANY. and like I said before the 10 I lost with 80% humidity was part of that MANY. LOL

As far as opening the bator, well, I have a different theory on that. You see I did an experiment I opened the bator during lockdown, I opened it Three times a day as if I was still turning my eggs, I didn't raise the humidity it stayed 50-55 from day ONE to hatching day. Guess what, wasn't anything different. Still had a good hatching, nothing shrinked wrapped, nothing got sticky, nothing struggled.

Lockdown was Created by us for the SOLE purpose of reminding us DON"T TOUCH. is it really necessary well that's debatable.

2. EmilyB86

EmilyB86 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2016
    Woke up this morning to find 3 had externally pipped and one of them were dead made s hole in the other!

3. Lacrystol

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    I have my own thoughts on FB, LOL, I know this one person contacted me for help, everyone told her, CULL the baby, he's not going to make it any way. Good lord can't remember exactly why the people on FB told her to cull it. but it had something to do with it not fully absorbed. Well I gave her some tips on how to help it. And the darn thing finally absorbed and perked up. She went back on the forum and Bragged to everyone, "for those that wanted him dead, SHAME ON YOU". she had a pic of him under neath. LOL It was a great in your face moment. LOL

4. Lacrystol

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    [​IMG]

5. Lacrystol

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    AND LET THE ADDICTION BEGIN!!!!!!

[​IMG]

6. Lacrystol

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    Send pic, I can tell you which ones aren't good. Otherwise, Deattached air cells are very difficult to reattach, I believe when that happens the damage is already done. Although I will say I have gotten about 2 eggs to show signs of life, however they never made it to the end.

7. Lacrystol

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    NICE, on the THREE, OH NO what happened with the dead on? Did you happen to eggtospy him?

The dead one, was he the one that has been internally for two days??

8. EmilyB86

EmilyB86 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2016
    No it was just one that had die a few days ago- there was no internal pip and just a tiny bit of movement!!
    The one that was internally pipped for two days has now externally pipped!

9. Lacrystol

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    NICE FOR THE LATE COMMER, LOL he's slow but he's coming. LOL.

Did you happen to open him up to see what the issue was?

10. Lacrystol

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    So you have three or Four left??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by