Hands on hatching and help

I think even more so with still air. Mine would shoot up 85+ with no condensation, of course, I'm so handsy it probably never got the chance to condensate.
1f609.png
lol

Yeah you is a fiddler alright .
frow.gif
hugs.gif

I have 11 on day 20 today!! I am excited and was bad and looked at a few this morning. I did not take them out of the incubator just put the light to them. It looks like one has internally pipped!! It's my first hatch so I am really nervous and excited. I can't wait to see my first babies!! My mother in law got me the incubator for Christmas and will be here this weekend (she lives in another state) so I am really excited cause she will get to really see the babies she helped hatch! lol

I have 11 on day 20 today!! I am excited and was bad and looked at a few this morning. I did not take them out of the incubator just put the light to them. It looks like one has internally pipped!! It's my first hatch so I am really nervous and excited. I can't wait to see my first babies!! My mother in law got me the incubator for Christmas and will be here this weekend (she lives in another state) so I am really excited cause she will get to really see the babies she helped hatch! lol

clap.gif
good luck! Let us know how it goes!!

So I have noticed that one of my silkie pullets has been sitting since yesterday. I looked at her vent this morning and it looks fine. I hope she is just about to lay egg and that she is not egg bound. I can feel the egg inside....:/

Hi! Just jumping in here for a little advice. I had four shipped Dark Brahma eggs looking good at lockdown.

-Two pipped, zipped and hatched yesterday on their own (Day 20).
-A third pipped, partially zipped, and stopped. I assisted. It was very easy - all the blood vessels had dried up, and the chick pushed its way out once I helped a bit.

Today is Day 21, and the last egg doesn't have a pip. I candled it, and there is no internal pip. It looks like the air cell grew a fair amount during lockdown. Do I...
-Water candle to see if there is a living chick?
-Try to break it out, since all three siblings are long since hatched?
-Just leave it?

Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

Hi! Just jumping in here for a little advice. I had four shipped Dark Brahma eggs looking good at lockdown.

-Two pipped, zipped and hatched yesterday on their own (Day 20).  
-A third pipped, partially zipped, and stopped. I assisted. It was very easy - all the blood vessels had dried up, and the chick pushed its way out once I helped a bit.

Today is Day 21, and the last egg doesn't have a pip. I candled it, and there is no internal pip. It looks like the air cell grew a fair amount during lockdown.  Do I...
-Water candle to see if there is a living chick?
-Try to break it out, since all three siblings are long since hatched?
-Just leave it?

Any advice is welcome.  Thanks!

If it hasn't internally pipped yet, I'd wait it out. Usually all will hatch within 48 hours of the first one hatching. But that's just a guideline. If the air cell and membrane still look good, the chick may just be a little slower.

Back
Top Bottom