Hands on hatching and help

You could have just hit "reply" on the last post before, and it wouldn't have added it to your multi-quote ;)

I MISS THE "CLEAR THE EDITOR" BUTTON!!! :barnie

Pics are much easier now, especially multiple pictures at one time, which was impossible on mobile before.

RUBY So glad to see you back. Glad you are feeling better again!!
Are you flipping kidding me? I never used the reply button! :th
I do miss the clear the editor!

@Annjee Yes, I decided to assist by pulling away white membrane where chunks of the shell were fallen off and I could see it was loose already. I think it might actually be good, although it seemed a little stiff at first and the toes didn't seem quite spread out. But I never watched them pop directly out before. Loud and strong.

After candling the last 4 eggs I can tell that one still has life in it since it visibly jumped. But I couldn't tell the development stage. :confused:

I am planning on giving these chicks to a broody BR. A few have gotten drinks already. I'm thinking I can wait to see if the last 1 hatches until tomorrow night, since all chicks I've adopted before have been 5 ish days old. Do you think she can handle 9 or 10 chicks? :hmm It's unreal though how in nature the order in which they hatch and their tenacity has a lot to do with their survival. So fascinating! :pop

SO finally the first thing I love about the new format! :woot The draft saving, now I can go back to look at a post without loosing everything I already typed or opening another tab. :yesss:

ETA: @RubyNala97 I see it was actually you I was trying to answer and mistook for annjee. Thanks for your concern about my chick! :hugs

Yes, that part is so confusing for me, still !

IMG_1721.JPG
Came home today and missed the other 3 hatches. The final egg is zipping!

Back
Top Bottom