Hands on hatching and help

I like the quote setup, especially that it quotes the text only and not every single picture over and over again (lots of folks didn't know to highlight and
Deleting pictures in quotes on my iPad or phone was almost impossible to do, so maybe other people had the same problem?

Yeah, that's how I had to do it too and it was a pain. But since I was more a single quote kinda girl, I only had to mess with that once in awhile. Now it's every time. I can live with it - so manny other good things!

By the way, did you know that in a thread the size of this one, your links back to a different page within your thread won't work? Like, if the exact info someone needs is elsewhere in your thread and you had a previously stored bookmark you could send them back to, the page numbers won't be the same. For years I had a stored bookmark to a page I would link folks back to so they could study the pics and instructions on that page. But with the conversion the pagination is now off. Nifty is aware of it and is working on it. My theory is that since photos quoted over and over again are no longer part of every quoted post, that cleaned up, and changed, the number of posts per page. You can still link back to a specific post or page within a thread. But not with a bookmark made before the conversion. <sigh> Nifty doesn't think it's something that simple.

Yes, if you were doing just single quotes the old format was easier. But the multi quote was a pain cause I'd flip a page after multi quoting 2 or three people and there'd be nothing else on the next page I'd want to quote, but you had to hit quote to use the multi quote...lol at least, that's how I used it...
lol, I never did figure out how to multi quote.
:oops:

Deleting pictures in quotes on my iPad or phone was almost impossible to do, so maybe other people had the same problem?
Oh yes. On pc it was no problem, on iPad a nightmare to select portions to delete.

Yeah, that's how I had to do it too and it was a pain. But since I was more a single quote kinda girl, I only had to mess with that once in awhile. Now it's every time. I can live with it - so manny other good things!

By the way, did you know that in a thread the size of this one, your links back to a different page within your thread won't work? Like, if the exact info someone needs is elsewhere in your thread and you had a previously stored bookmark you could send them back to, the page numbers won't be the same. For years I had a stored bookmark to a page I would link folks back to so they could study the pics and instructions on that page. But with the conversion the pagination is now off. Nifty is aware of it and is working on it. My theory is that since photos quoted over and over again are no longer part of every quoted post, that cleaned up, and changed, the number of posts per page. You can still link back to a specific post or page within a thread. But not with a bookmark made before the conversion. <sigh> Nifty doesn't think it's something that simple.
Interesting to know!

lol, I never did figure out how to multi quote.
:oops:
On the old format you had to hit multi on every post you wanted to quote then on the last quote you wanted to quote you hit quote. But if you went to the next page and there was nothing more you wanted to quote you either had to go back and hit quote on you last multi, or quote something you didn't want and then delete that quote. This is nicer where multi quoting is concerned...lol

On the old format you had to hit multi on every post you wanted to quote then on the last quote you wanted to quote you hit quote. But if you went to the next page and there was nothing more you wanted to quote you either had to go back and hit quote on you last multi, or quote something you didn't want and then delete that quote. This is nicer where multi quoting is concerned...lol
I agree, multi quote here is much easier, though I'm still trying to perfect my technique. :)

Thank you for the help! The funny thing is when I first hit those 3 lines on the top left it doesn't have an option for just "forums". There's a "search forums" and once I hit that then the 3 lines again the plain "forums" comes up. It's gonna take me time. I'm only on day 2 or 3 with the new format! I do miss being able to type a short message to a poster when hitting "like". Anyway, thank you guys for the instructions and link!

Oh yes. On pc it was no problem, on iPad a nightmare to select portions to delete.

Interesting to know!

You could have just hit "reply" on the last post before, and it wouldn't have added it to your multi-quote ;)

I MISS THE "CLEAR THE EDITOR" BUTTON!!! :barnie

Pics are much easier now, especially multiple pictures at one time, which was impossible on mobile before.

Thank you for the help! The funny thing is when I first hit those 3 lines on the top left it doesn't have an option for just "forums". There's a "search forums" and once I hit that then the 3 lines again the plain "forums" comes up. It's gonna take me time. I'm only on day 2 or 3 with the new format! I do miss being able to type a short message to a poster when hitting "like". Anyway, thank you guys for the instructions and link!

RUBY So glad to see you back. Glad you are feeling better again!!

Back
Top Bottom