Hands on hatching and help

Ok I'm in need of some step by step guidance. I have 6 eggs my hen abandoned after her 1st one hatched. I have no incubator just a brooder. Got the temp good but struggling with humidity. One egg I saw pipped yesterday and nothing since, then I do hear chirping out of maybe 3. I want to poke air holes but I need help PLEASE, I have never hatched any thing before

Is this thread still alive? Or is there a new one that replaced it? I see it referenced but it doesn't seem presently active... My first ever hatch is coming up (chicks due this Sunday!) with shipped eggs, and I'm very nervous... I'll probably need to assist... So I was wondering if there's anything like this thread actively going on where I can go for urgent questions.

I check in when I get notifications, but it appears that BYC turned off notifications on this thread on me. Hopefully me posting here again will get that sorted back out.

I do suppose we could make a new thread, but we'd have to find people that want to actively post in it.
Thanks! Would you mind if I tagged you if I had an urgent question and posted it here? I'm still relatively new on BYC and don't really know who the hatching experts are :D

Hi there, My daughter and me are new to this group and hatching eggs in a incubator, usually we have mama hens,
So yesterday we had some chicks hatch and one of eggs were taking to long to unzip and we didn't know how long to wait, we helped it out and after it dried up its neck seems to be down to much and it peeps alot more then usual and doesn't want to eat, we gave it water by a spoon, anyone have ideas? Thanks so much ☺️

Back
Top Bottom