Hanford California Ordiances

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances' started by TiggerzPooh731, Oct 23, 2018.

1. TiggerzPooh731

TiggerzPooh731 In the Brooder

Oct 5, 2018
    California
    Does anyone if Hanford California has a law or ordiances on how many chickens your allowed. And if you live in a rural area are you allowed to have chickens then.
    Can anyone let me know because I tried to look up the laws about having chickens in a rural area.

Thank you
    Kelly Day

2. EggSighted4Life

EggSighted4Life Free Ranging

Hi Kelly, hope you are enjoying BYC! :frow

My suggestion would be that you call your county animal control office or even code enforcement. Maybe both, since some employees will make up what makes sense to them instead of actually looking up or knowing the law/code.

I use to live in in Visalia... and WAY back when (1990 ish) we had to drive to Hanford for the first Walmart! But a Rally burger and some fries would be tasty now. We used to eat them on our trips to the central coast to hold us over until we got there. :p

Good luck getting answers! :fl Awesome that you care enough to check. :highfive:

townchicks likes this.
  3. HArd to find anything definitive online, this is the best I could find:

The best thing you can do, before doing anything else, is to contact the Planning Division at (559) 585-2581 and discuss what you would like to do. The planning staff will be happy to assist you with all your questions.

Welcome to BYC

Gary

EggSighted4Life likes this.
  4. Scorpy89

Scorpy89 Chirping

Jul 17, 2018
    Lanett, AL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: