Hanging cabbages

13250_f_using_feeder.jpg

I made a basket out of leftover hardward cloth.

I don't even bother to hang mine -- I just go bowling for biddies...
big_smile.png
j/k! I do just toss them onto the floor of the coop or pitch a couple out into the run. They find them easily, and they take turns at them. I usually put out 2 at a time, and they're completely gone by the 2nd day. I got a REALLY good deal on 10 bags of slaw mix that was marked down, but still perfectly good. We had some, the inside birds had some, the ducks had some, the chickens had some, the guineas had some, and the turkey had some, and I've still GOT some! Yum yum!
big_smile.png
Gotta look up that recipe for "freezer slaw" the cashier told me about her grandmother making...

I tried this a while back and my chickens did nothing with it. I used a nylon fish stringer to hang it. Perhaps I will try this again and see if I get different results. Come to think of it I don't have any of those chickens anymore.

My chickens love it. I hang mine up with a wire hanger running through the cabbage and a string that attached and hung from anything overhead. Fun to watch them. Looks like they are playing volleyball........ lol...... or tetherball. It gives them something to do on cold days.

Hmmnn..........

Maybe for St. Paddy's Day I'll switch to pre-corned chicken and cabbage(pre-fed). It sounds like less labor than corning a brisket....

Hmmnn..........

gotta THINK on this some......
caf.gif

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom