1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Happy Birthday!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jjparke, Jun 3, 2008.

1. jjparke

jjparke Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Boise
    My chics (16 BR's) are exactly 1 week old today. So for their birthday I moved them into a bigger brooder and they were going nuts. They were hopping and flying all over the place. It was like a housewarming party. All are doing well. I had to help one with a case of pasty butt a couple days ago but all are doing good. They were in a plastic storage bin but their new house is a giant cardboard box. They love it. Next stop- the coop.

2. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Sounds like happy chicks! I put a small branch through two walls of my cardboard brooder box and my chicks love to sit on it now. Try some birthday toys too! like mirrors and stuff to peck at such as a bead string hanging down.

3. Ericasl

Ericasl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2008
    The Dalles OR
    Hey I am glad to hear you babies are doing good![​IMG]. I had chicks hatch yesterday and a few still working on it today, 12 out of 14 so far. Tell your babies Happy Birthday.[​IMG]

4. MiniDriver

MiniDriver Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2007
    Massachusetts
    Take pictures! I've taken pictures every Friday to remind myself how fast they grew. In a week or two, you'll find it hard to believe they were ever tiny balls of fluff.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by