Happy Dance!!! Happy Dance!!! Happy Dance!!!

hollymh

*A Scrambled Egg*
15 Years
Feb 8, 2009
Texas
So I'm in Guam about 12,000mi's away from home
hit.gif
BUT I just found out my hunny is taking us home in October for a whole month!!! WOOO!!! It will be the first time I get to see my family in well over a year! I'm not all happy because we have to pay for the plane tickets at $1482 a piece, you would think the military would help us since they put us here, not so much. In all reality though I'm absolutely thrilled and can't wait, my daughter will finally get to see her grandparents for the first time in 2 years!!!
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
You're telling me! The mil. won't help us and airlines don't offer discounts just tickets that are refundable at a higher price so either way they get thier money, I'm really upset b/c I don't know how we can afford to go home and have Christmas for our daughter, but as always we will hoprfully find a way.

I'm not understanding this....are you or your spouse active duty? If either of you are, you should be able to fly the MAC flights for free. It's always similar to flying standby and it's by space available only. Materials and combat duty always have priority over everyone else, so sometimes arranging for a civilian connecting flight can be a real ticklish situation to say the least. But, even flying standby on a civilian flight once you get state side should be a heck of a lot cheaper than $1,482 EACH! Are there extenuating circumstances you've not mentioned? I'm just curious.

Hope your flights are trouble free and that you really have a ball once you're back state side. A whole month eh?? That should be plenty of time to get into all kinds of trouble!!
lau.gif
Safe travels!

Quote:
Nope, MAC here only flys to HI and you get dumped there, I need to get to Tx so that doesn't work. I have tried everything, I have spent hours on the phone with airlines, MAC terminal, ITT travel who does our reservations for PCS'ing... Nothing. I'm frustrated, but let down because it just goes to show how truly no one does care, I'm not saying people, but the military and airlines, they don't care if we ever get to see our family again. Ugh. On top of that my husbands command is under-manned so he hasn't had leave in a 1yr and half, and we can only go in Oct. so if we pass up this chance we won't get another until Oct. next year. It's crap, a whole lot of crap, we get treated like (insert bad word) here. You have no clue how horrible it is. Anyways, I'm happy we got leave, now it's a matter of getting tickets and affording C-mas for our daughter.

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh but I do Holly! I DO have a clue! My husband served 25 years! 9 in the Navy and 16 in the Coast Guard. And if your husband is career, can I give you a nickle's worth of free advice? Transfer just as soon as he can into the Coast Guard. It was, hands down, the single best decision my husband ever made....besides maybe marrying ME!
lau.gif

Best of luck on getting home!
hugs.gif

Quote:
Oh but I do Holly! I DO have a clue! My husband served 25 years! 9 in the Navy and 16 in the Coast Guard. And if your husband is career, can I give you a nickle's worth of free advice? Transfer just as soon as he can into the Coast Guard. It was, hands down, the single best decision my husband ever made....besides maybe marrying ME!
lau.gif

Best of luck on getting home!
hugs.gif

Well I'm glad you get me lol Actually my husband is so good at his job that while at a QA conference he was offered a postion in the Air Force and Army as soon as his EAOS is done with. They promised to treat him a lot better, because the people at the conference had done a inspection of my husband unit and said quote" I have never seen anything or anyone being treated more poorly than you are treating these men" soo lol it's well known that they get treated bad over here. Anyhow we are planning on transferring ASAP lol

You mentioned in your sigline that your DD is approx 2 yrs. old. I realized a LONG time ago
wink.png
that 2 year olds enjoy simple Christmases even more than those with tons of the latest, "must-have" items that advertisers hype up and make kids crazy over. A couple of nice items, a few stocking-stuffer little things, and family time make a WONDERFUL Christmas. Don't fall into the trap of thinking you have to jump through hoops and go into debt to have a "proper" Christmas. Celebrate your family and your blessings at Christmas. The low-key approach will save you lots of money and LOTS AND LOTS of stress!
old.gif

ETA: who's gonna be assigned "critter-care" while you're home? I hope it's all taken care of and you get to savor EVERY MOMENT of being home!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom