Happy Dance!!! Happy Dance!!! Happy Dance!!!

Quote:
Nope, MAC here only flys to HI and you get dumped there, I need to get to Tx so that doesn't work. I have tried everything, I have spent hours on the phone with airlines, MAC terminal, ITT travel who does our reservations for PCS'ing... Nothing. I'm frustrated, but let down because it just goes to show how truly no one does care, I'm not saying people, but the military and airlines, they don't care if we ever get to see our family again. Ugh. On top of that my husbands command is under-manned so he hasn't had leave in a 1yr and half, and we can only go in Oct. so if we pass up this chance we won't get another until Oct. next year. It's crap, a whole lot of crap, we get treated like (insert bad word) here. You have no clue how horrible it is. Anyways, I'm happy we got leave, now it's a matter of getting tickets and affording C-mas for our daughter.

Congrats on being able to come home for a visit!
wee.gif
ya.gif
That's great!

So can you do the MAC to Hawaii and then fly from there to Texas? Flights to and from Hawaii are really cheap right now. Certainly cheaper than $1400. Might be worth a try?

Good luck!

Nancy
smile.png

Quote:
Oh yea critter care was a big one lol we have the neighbors for the chickens and ducks and our doggy is going to a friend who has our dogs best friend named Benji LOL My daughter is almost three and I know we will have a simple C-mas, I just feel like I have to supplement for all that she is missing because daddy is in the military and we are away, all she has is us and it makes me sad
sad.png

Quote:
Nope, MAC here only flys to HI and you get dumped there, I need to get to Tx so that doesn't work. I have tried everything, I have spent hours on the phone with airlines, MAC terminal, ITT travel who does our reservations for PCS'ing... Nothing. I'm frustrated, but let down because it just goes to show how truly no one does care, I'm not saying people, but the military and airlines, they don't care if we ever get to see our family again. Ugh. On top of that my husbands command is under-manned so he hasn't had leave in a 1yr and half, and we can only go in Oct. so if we pass up this chance we won't get another until Oct. next year. It's crap, a whole lot of crap, we get treated like (insert bad word) here. You have no clue how horrible it is. Anyways, I'm happy we got leave, now it's a matter of getting tickets and affording C-mas for our daughter.

Congrats on being able to come home for a visit!
wee.gif
ya.gif
That's great!

So can you do the MAC to Hawaii and then fly from there to Texas? Flights to and from Hawaii are really cheap right now. Certainly cheaper than $1400. Might be worth a try?

Good luck!

Nancy
smile.png

Hi Nancy! Well we were going to fly to HI and form there to TX but there is no way for us to know if we can get a flight and since they only fly out 2 times a week it would be an entire week or two of leave wasted just trying to get a flight out, so it is too risky to try since this will be the first and last time in the next year or two we get to go home.

Holly,

So glad you get to visit home! My husband's retired Navy. Wish we had a dollar for everytime he heard "the Navy didn't put a wife/family in your seabag". Times are supposed to have changed, but . . .

Can your family do an early Christmas while you're stateside? I'm sure seeing family will be the best gift, ever, anyway!

Maybe you could meet your family in Hawaii? Or purchase "Open" tickets (no set dates) from Hawaii to Tx, then as soon as you get a MAC flight you can call and make reservations for the flight from Hawaii.

Quote:
I'm retired AF. Our phrase was "If the AF wanted you to have a wife/husband, they would have issued one."

I have shirts that say "I was Issued" it's a long running joke because I'm the worst Navy wife alive, well more like the commands worst nightmare lol If they do something I don't like I make sure they know. When my husband put his chit in for leave they told him he couldn't leave until he trained someone to do his job, there are people that know how to do it, just not as well. So anyways, I reasearched the regulations for leave and discovered all kinds of good stuff, nearly memorized 32 pages of leave directive and made sure that my husband was getting leave, my husband has worked staright for almost a year and half without more than a day or two off so I was NOT playing around lol We need a break and my stubborn-butt was able to get it.

Quote:
We aren't doing early C-mas, but we do always put up decorations and the tree while we are home, this year will be crazy becasue my new sister-in-law will be due with her little boy and my brother got married and my brother-in-law is asking his gf of 4 years to marry him. Wooo it's a lot going on this year so it should be fun!

Back
Top Bottom