Hard boiled eggs with odd texture

scrapmom5

Songster
11 Years
Apr 21, 2008
Utah
I have hard boiled several of our fresh eggs..while I understand the problems with peeling I was shocked to find the texture a bit granular. It is really odd. The first batch I was not watching well and thought that perhaps I overcooked them. The second batch I was watching and still they had a granular texture to them. What have I done wrong???

Too much grit/Ca in their diet...
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

just kidding!

Wierd... we just started getting new pullet eggs and we can't tell the difference between them and store bought. I hoped ours would taste better.

If you figure it out, let us know.

Last edited:
We could tell a difference between the store bought and home grown. The look was the same but the taste was richer.

As for the texture, I wish I knew. It isn't sandy just not "creamy" (for lack of a better word) like store bought eggs are after they are hard boiled. I am not sure what to think.

Doesn't anyone have this same problem or know what is going on with mine.

Perhaps Mahonri's jest is the problem. Too much grit. LOL.

Chicken eggs are a product of the hens' diet. Let them eat a lot of greens and the yolks get nice and orange.

Rufus

Maybe I should do more greens.

I'll even have a chat with my girls and ask them nicely to make their eggs better. I am sure they will listen. They listened when I told them that I would fry them up if they didn't start to lay in the nest boxes. They all immediately laid in the box and have never missed since. LOL

Back
Top Bottom