Hard-Boiling Bantam Eggs?

ClareScifi

Songster
8 Years
Mar 30, 2011
I would like to hard-boil and devil some Bantam (Sebright) eggs, but is this possible, and if so, do you hard boil them the same way as full-sized eggs, or does it take less time? Is there a recipe for cooking Bantam eggs? They might be easiest to pickle, but I'd still need to hard-boil them first. Sebright eggs are very small.

Thanks for your help.

I would do a test boil, I'd bring water to a boil and drop in two eggs and only two eggs boil one 2 minutes short and one normal time and check them.

Otherwise they will be the same- but like all very fresh eggs they will be harder to peel- I suggest an ice bath the second you pull them off.

(the batch of eggs after you fine the cook time)

I agree.
And if you can store the eggs for a 3-5 days before boiling them, they'll be way easier to peel.
I like how they make bite-sized snacks!
And I also grab a handful and take them outside to my dogs as treats.

I have been collecting the bantam eggs for some time, so they are a bit aged which may help with peeling them. I also read that I can just put them in my rice steamer for 10-12 minutes, and that will hard-boil them, so that would be very easy.

Anyone have any good recipes for pickling bantam eggs?

I've taken to steaming mine instead of boiling. No faster but I can take the steam basket right into the ice bath and cool them off. Hard cooked eggs are delicious, and no harder to peel than store bought ones in my experience.

Back
Top Bottom